Talk

Advanced search

Worried at completely different early pregnancy!

(11 Posts)
Madamecastafiore Sun 31-Mar-13 09:15:32

Am pregnant with DC3 and feel like death. Only 7 weeks and I feel fat, sick, headachy and tired, tired beyond belief!

This is totally different to my previous pregnancies and so I have convinced myself that there is something wrong. Ectopic pregnancy or a genetic problem as I thought pregnancies seemed to run pretty much the same.

Had to have cvs with both DCs and am going to ring up the FMC and have all the blood tests etc done to try and put my mind at rest but that is 5 weeks ago and fear will go mad by then.

What am trying to ask you lovely ladies is, were your pregnancies different, did you sail through one but feel like dying during another?

BabsAndTheRu Sun 31-Mar-13 09:25:44

I found my third pregnancy really hard, it was third baby in four years. Body older and tired more easily. Really felt it on my bones third time and bump appeared instantly. Also looking after two toddlers and running a house, and working part time. It all takes its toll on you. Got really bad varicose veins and spd third time as well, never had that with any of the others. After that pregnancy new that was me done, couldn't but my body through a fourth.

Madamecastafiore Sun 31-Mar-13 09:31:33

Bloody hell Babs, how awful. In one way you have made me feel better that it may just be different in another I feel even worse at the prospect of what's to come!

Was your third pregnant a different sex to your first 2?

Skygirls Sun 31-Mar-13 09:37:03

My first pregnancy, I felt awful. Really sick all the time, lank hair, spotty, water retention and puffed up.
Second pregnancy was better but sick until 18 weeks. Had nice hair and skin. Bump was a different shape. But got SPD this time so walking was really painful.
Third pregnancy was the best. Bags of energy, looked and felt fab and bump didn't show until I was 5.5 months.

All mine were different from each other, so don't worry too much.

BabsAndTheRu Sun 31-Mar-13 09:37:44

Yes, wee girl. It sounds bad written down but it was all okay and managable. Feet up at night for veins and support belt for spd. Really easy birth though, 2 hours labour, two pushes and there she was. She is our wee miracle baby, had fertility treatment for the boys and made this one all by ourselves much to our surprise(shock).

Skygirls Sun 31-Mar-13 09:39:00

BTW, I had Ds for preg 1&2 and dd for preg 3

Madamecastafiore Sun 31-Mar-13 09:47:18

Blimey reckon must be having a dd then. Have one already but that from first marriage and pregnancy was very easy and straightforward as it was with ds1 from second marriage.

Thanks for posting guys this is making me feel a bit less worried.

RubyrooUK Sun 31-Mar-13 10:15:25

I had DS1 and DS2 and both pregnancies were totally different.

DS1 - hardly any morning sickness, terrible heartburn, low big bump, hyper-sensitive sense of smell (coleslaw made me retch), exhausted, swollen boobs from eight weeks, in maternity gear at 8 weeks.

DS2 - vomited up blood, no heartburn, small high bump, good energy levels, terrible back ache, no hyper sense of smell, swollen boobs only late on, in maternity gear only at 38.5 weeks.

So don't panic too much! Every pregnancy is so different. Hope everything goes brilliantly from now on.

shelly81 Sun 31-Mar-13 11:15:40

My first 2 pg's I sailed through no symptoms or anythin both ds's this time horrific sickness and alsorts & were having a little girl :-) xx

MoodyDidIt Sun 31-Mar-13 11:32:46

I have we been wondering this too! Pg with dc3 and so far have had very little sickness compared to dc s 1 and 2. Although am only about 7 weeks so there's still time...

Madamecastafiore Sun 31-Mar-13 12:09:37

Thank you so much chaps. This is so reassuring. Was big decision to go for no 3 and I sort of didnt think it would happen and as soon as it did the doubts set in, more health wise for the baby!

Vomiting blood doesn't sound too much fun! And wretching! I just feel constantly sick and tired, oh so so tired! No heartburn though which I had as soon as I found out with the other 2.

Weird isn't it, just thought would be exactly the same! Forgot about being 9 years older too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now