Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clicking sound when baby kicks - what could it be?

(6 Posts)
MammaCici Sat 30-Mar-13 22:46:42

When I go to bed and everything is still and quiet I've started noticing a strange clicking sound when baby kicks / jerks suddenly. It seems really weird. I am 35 weeks along with DC2. This didn't happen with DC1. Does anyone know what it could be?

Fakebook Sat 30-Mar-13 22:57:18

I used to get this with dd. it was her ankles and knees that were clicky. When she was born every time I'd change her nappy I'd hear the same clicks I felt when she was inside and kicked. Didn't experience it with ds.

MammaCici Sun 31-Mar-13 07:52:20

Thanks Fakebook. Is it anything to be concerned about? Did she grow out of it quickly?

vix206 Sun 31-Mar-13 08:00:44

I had this when pregnant with DS. No idea what it was in our case but nothing clicked once he was born!

Fakebook Sun 31-Mar-13 08:35:51

MamaCici, apparently clicky hips are a concern so I'd keep a watch for that but the paed won't discharge you until they've tested the hips. I mentioned it to the HV when she was a few weeks and again to the doctor at the 6 week check up but they both didn't seem concerned. I can't remember when she grew out if it (bad mother) but she's 5 now and doesn't click!

ShowOfHands Sun 31-Mar-13 08:39:16

This thread comes up every couple of months and there is never any agreement about what causes it. The odd person has a clicky baby but the vast majority have non-clicky babies and it's never decided what caused it. I believe ligaments have been suggested and air pockets and all sorts.

It's relatively common though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now