Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody still had a kind of period and then got a BFP?!?

(10 Posts)
Wifey99 Sat 30-Mar-13 15:28:03

Hi, just wondered if anybody still had some sort of bleed (like a period) but still been pregnant?

worsestershiresauce Sat 30-Mar-13 15:29:50

Yes, it's very common. could be implantation bleeding, or break through bleeding at the time your period would otherwise have been. I had 'periods' for the first 3 months.

leaharrison11 Sat 30-Mar-13 15:37:04

I did ! I conceived 28th march bled a little bit not a normal amount of blood at the beginning of april and had BFP on 16 april i now have a beautiful DS 15 mo

Mayanbob Sat 30-Mar-13 23:00:39

Yep! Thought I had a period early December, when it suddenly stopped 3 days later I did a test... BFP! (Well very faint line...) the 10,000 other tests I bought subsequent confirmed it though :-)

Xalla Mon 01-Apr-13 07:11:21

Me too. I had a period late Feb or so I thought... I bled (albeit lightly) for about 4 days. I did a test last week, had a scan on Thursday and found out I was 8 weeks pregnant. Very odd...!

Choccybaby Mon 01-Apr-13 10:19:58

Yes, I only realised I might be pregnant when the vomiting started at 6 weeks. Bleeding started exactly on time but lighter than normal

Alexandra6 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:34:01

Yep I had implantation bleeding, was earlier than AF was due and was brown and pink. Are you ttc and hoping you're pregnant?

weebleknievel Mon 01-Apr-13 10:43:37

I now know that I concieved in mid July, had a couple of days of bleeding in line with normal cycle mid August. DC1 due 24th April!

Hermionewastherealhero Mon 01-Apr-13 10:47:37

I did, told husband we hasn't been lucky that month and had a cry. Two days later it had stopped and I was having strange dreams and also (I know this sounds crazy!) the cat wouldn't leave me alone.
I put them together and did a test (had some bad news as well so thought I'd just add to my tears!)
2 minutes later BFP... Happy tears, happy dancing, stunned husband!
Baby is 7 months : )

Sunnysummer Tue 02-Apr-13 09:58:35

I did! Was 2 days late, tested negative, got what I thought was the start of yet another period after a long time trying, cried, decided to say screw you to the whole trying-for-a-baby thing for a bit and enjoyed a long hot bath and a few glasses of wine...

And then when the period was too light and too short, I tested again, got the BFP and spent the weeks until the first scan fretting that I had ruined our baby! 35 weeks now and all in good shape... Best of luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now