Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No morning sickness - worried!

(15 Posts)
Bex1775 Sat 30-Mar-13 11:24:52

Hello
I have two children born when I was 17 and 23, and didn't want any more until I met my amazing husband 2 years ago, we decided to try, and were shocked when we got pregnant in the first month.
But what I'm worrying about is this time I feel completely different - I'm only 6.5 weeks pregnant so I know it's early days, but before I was sick from the day my period was late, and I'm worrying this lack of sickness means something is wrong.
I guess I'm also paranoid as I'm nearly 38 and I think the older you get the more you worry about these things (I breezed through the other 2 pregnancies and pushed myself to the limits both times)
Has anyone had a similar experience i.e. feeling completely different in different pregnancies, and does it mean anything is wrong? I keep trying to tell myself it might be because this one is a girl! As my other two are boys, but I don't know.
thankyou for any advice!

honey86 Sat 30-Mar-13 11:44:29

i wouldnt worry yet hun.. i was the same at that time... nausea properly kicked in at bout 7 weeks. 8 weeks i was scared to move in case it made me throw up... yet when im feeling fine i think somethings wrong again blush until it hits again.

i think its been drummed into us that 'preg hormones = sickness' but in reality those without sickness go on the have just as healthy pregnancies...
a mate had an early mc at 6 weeks and she was horrifically sick. everyones different hun xx

featherbag Sat 30-Mar-13 11:45:31

You're statistically more likely to suffer nausea and vomiting if you're carrying a girl! Only have 1 pregnancy to speak of (well, 2, but this one's still too early to even have many symptoms!), but with DS I had not one second of nausea let alone vomiting!

ReikiMummy Sat 30-Mar-13 11:46:26

Hi Bex,
I'm having my first and was expecting all kinds of nasties and Morning Sickness etc.

Like you - I'm late 30's, (37). However... also like you - I've had no morning sickness whatsoever. Which is great.. but it did make me feel like... "so, am I REALLY pregnant???"

A couple of people I know have had very similar experiences where they have had bad morning sickness with one and then an amazing pregnancy with subsequent pg's, or vice versa. Definitely not unheard of.

But in the beginning stages it really did make me wonder.. "so is anything actually happening in there..." (Prod tummy!!)

Enjoy it. smile

juneau Sat 30-Mar-13 11:47:48

Every pregnancy is different - or can be. Just because you have nausea with one (or even the dreaded hyperemesis), doesn't mean you'll get it next time.

squizita Mon 01-Apr-13 14:12:27

Thanks for this thread - yes the web makes it sound like we should bed vomiting from day 1, but many mums I know didn't really have much or even feel sick. My mum carried twins- with just some burping apparently!

EcoHippyMum Mon 01-Apr-13 20:30:27

With my three DD's I had nausea but only with the last was it really bad to where I actually did vomit. Smells were what did it for me, the dog, my favourite perfume...poor dog used to get sprayed with doggy deodorant until that started me off. This time which is 10 years on the nausea I've had a few times but no where near as bad with my other pregnancies and I am 8+3 at the moment (I am 39!).

WestieMamma Mon 01-Apr-13 20:34:36

I had my daughter when I was 21. I knew I was pregnant right from the start on account of the morning sickness. Now I'm 40 and expecting my son and I didn't realise I was pregnant until I was 10 weeks because I had no symptoms. Making it up for it now at 35 weeks mind.

mylovelymonster Mon 01-Apr-13 20:39:40

I had my girls at 37 & 40! Slight nausea, but nothing much and definitely no vomiting. Textbook pregnancies and two bouncing healthy sizeable babies who are now gorgeous clever boisterous monsters.
Try not to worry x

candr Mon 01-Apr-13 20:47:21

Was so so sick with DS with every horrid pg symptom known for most of pregnancy. Am 9weeks now and terrified as hardly feel sick and don't even have sore boobs. Am desperate for scan as keep expecting to be told that something has gone wrong but keep being told it is normal. There is n othing I can do so try not to stress about it (am mid 30's) Am sure you will be fine and will be able to look back going 'thank god I wasn't sick as a dog that time'

FullOfChoc Mon 01-Apr-13 20:48:23

Ds and DD here, no sickness with either of them. 2 healthy big, overdue babies.

Bex1775 Tue 02-Apr-13 12:23:42

Hi again and thanks for the replies! Makes me feel a lot happier, tho have to say, like Candr I'm really wishing the weeks away til we have our first scan so I can see what's going on as really do feel so different this time, but I'm not going to sit and worry about it as I want to enjoy every minute of it smile
xxxxx

rachywhite83 Tue 02-Apr-13 13:46:46

Im 34 weeks and haven't been sick once ! Sometimes I wondered if I really was pregnant ! I know I definitely am now with a little footballer inside ( I don't know what it is so will be interesting to see if the theories about boys or girls is right )

Lovethesea Tue 02-Apr-13 20:39:46

I had DD and DS without a moment of nausea. Utterly on the floor exhausted all pregnancy mind, but not sick. Was very weird first time round as I had no symptoms of pregnany apart from no period and a positive test.

Hadassah Tue 02-Apr-13 20:42:48

I never had any sickness at all either, or any other symptoms, and everything was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now