Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feel messed about with scans? Worried?

(4 Posts)
Lydia161290 Fri 29-Mar-13 22:54:02

Hey all.

I had my 20 week anomaly scan 3 weeks ago. Basically the technician was unable to complete the scan because baby was lying in a really awkward position and wasn't entertaining it.

Loads of things weren't checked (I have a list in my file and there are quite a lot). From what I was able to see he was active and she said he has a fantastic heartbeat. But there was a lot of fiddling and in the end she gave up. The sonographer said she wanted to re-scan me 2 weeks later and a letter would be sent out to me of my appointment. I waited a week for the letter, but it never came.

So I called up the clinic I go to and explained what happened. Turns out no appointment was even made. I should of had my re-scan last week, but the lady at the clinic booked me in on the 8th April, which I will be then 24 + 3.

4 bloody weeks!

Although I don't think there is anything wrong with my baby. There's still that chance and it's worrying me. What if there is something wrong and it's picked up too late?

My midwife is rubbish and doesn't even text or call. I've never even met the woman! I feel so...abandoned. I want to change my doctor and midwife, but feel I can't until the 8th has passed and I have this scan.

I don't know whether i'm just over thinking everything or should have demanded more? confused

NewlywedUpTheDuff Sat 30-Mar-13 09:04:38

I'm sure you will be fine and there is nothing to worry about smile but all the same I would be annoyed about the scan not being re-booked.

Exactly the same thing happened to me; I waited for 2 weeks for my scan letter and received nothing. I eventually called the scanning department and the lady on the phone was shocked that an appointment had not been made. Like you, I got my re-scan at 24 weeks. Not ideal but everything was ok and I got to see my little girl having a fidget etc again which was nice. I'm sure all will be fine with your little one, but it doesn't help with the anxiety!!

All I can say is try to relax and look forward to seeing your baby again!! Good luck and I hope all is well smile

Lydia161290 Sat 30-Mar-13 13:59:24

Thank you. Mooley your answer really helped since it's so similar!
But you're right. I am really anxious to make sure everything is okay.
The clinic i'm with is a pain in the bottom. Can't wait to change it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now