Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just ate a bit of sausage that was pink in the middle! Panicking!

(5 Posts)
Gingerbreadpixie Fri 29-Mar-13 20:32:21

So, I just started to eat a bit of sausage casserole and after eating a bit of the sausage noticed the sausages were quite pink in the middle. They'd been in the fan oven cooking in a casserole dish (no lid) for an hour at 200c. I dont know why they were still pink! That's enough cooking to kill any nasties right? I'm quite paranoid about toxoplasmosis. I swear I'm gonna just turn vegetarian the amount of stress cooking meat gives me!

Do I need to call my midwife or am I panicking for no reason??

noblegiraffe Fri 29-Mar-13 20:33:43

If they were cooked for an hour at 200 degrees they'll be fine.

RightUpMyRue Fri 29-Mar-13 20:35:23

You'll be fine. Panicking will do more harm than a slightly pink, cooked for an hour sausage.

bubbles1231 Fri 29-Mar-13 20:38:25

I'm sure you'll be fine- an hour at 200c means it should be cooked through. FWIW I wolfed a whole plate of pate when I was preg because I temporarily forgot I was expecting (it was very early days).

Gingerbreadpixie Fri 29-Mar-13 21:00:48

Thanks. I ate a bit from the end too, which should have reached the hottest temperature I guess.

This pg is going to leave me a nervous wreck sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now