Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy book in the maternity notes pack?

(12 Posts)
GettingObsessive Fri 29-Mar-13 11:35:16

I've heard some people mention about a book all about pregnancy and babies that they got in their maternity notes pack. I don't seem to have one - just the stupid Bounty magazine that is mostly adverts.

I think my sister had something like this a few years ago. Have the packs changed?

BraveLilBear Fri 29-Mar-13 11:47:53

Hi I think they stopped giving it out because of money - it's now available online. Your midwife should have told you where to look at your booking in appt- unfortunately I've not got it to hand but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly who can help more!

KatAndKit Fri 29-Mar-13 12:25:20

Yep, they stopped giving it out round here too, but to be honest the purple pregnancy book isn't especially great anyway, the Mumsnet book is loads better and there are loads of pregnancy books to choose from in the shops. The free one was a bit "dumbed down" and lacked interest and humour in my opinion.

Here it is in case you wanted to read it anyway
www.liverpoolwomens.nhs.uk/Library/our_services/maternity/Pregnancy_book.pdf

FoofFighter Fri 29-Mar-13 13:10:46

Depends where you are I think. In Scotland you get an absolutely brilliant book called Ready Steady Baby, lots of leaflets, a breastfeeding dvd.

RightUpMyRue Fri 29-Mar-13 13:14:36

PG book now stopped due to funding and so has the birth to 5 book you used to get. All online now instead.

Crap isn't it?

roofio87 Fri 29-Mar-13 13:48:08

I got one this week,they must have some extra copies floating around here. all stuff id already read on line to be honest!!

forgetmenots Fri 29-Mar-13 15:29:41

The Scottish book. Ready Steady Baby, is great. There's an iPhone app for it too (not as good), I'm sure that some kind MNer could provide a copy smile

Beatrixpotty Fri 29-Mar-13 15:58:36

I've got one that 3rd time round I never read and no longer want,pm me if you want it!

GettingObsessive Fri 29-Mar-13 18:06:06

KatandKit thanks, yes I guess that's the one. Maybe it doesn't have all the information in it I thought it did. I was looking for one with more stuff about developmental stages, when to do tummy time, all that sort of stuff.

I'll have a look at the Mumsnet one instead.

MrsSpagBol Fri 29-Mar-13 19:31:54

Where is the mumsnet one found, pleade?

KatAndKit Fri 29-Mar-13 20:36:40

I bought my MN one in waterstones but you can get it on amazon including kindle edition.

If you want to know about baby info rather than pregnancy you are better to buy a book about babies. Have a browse in the preg/childcare section of a bookshop and see what suits you.

MrsSpagBol Fri 29-Mar-13 22:46:30

Thanks KatandKit. Think you also helped me yesterday re: car seats

Appreciate it

flowers for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now