Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Must I give-up sex?

(7 Posts)
HormoneHell Fri 29-Mar-13 07:32:12

I am 32 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy has not been fun at all except for one aspect: the incredible sex. I've never enjoyed sex anywhere near as much as I have these past 6 months. It's been an utter revelation to me and DH and I have grown so incredibly close as a result.

This week each time I have orgasmed it has set of very intense Braxton Hicks. They are really strong and last for hours. I fear it's a sign I should stop having sex. I don't want to trigger early labour.

I will be so sad to stop as I doubt that I will ever experience sex like this again. Does anyone know whether the advice is to stop when sex causes Braxton Hicks? Can sex trigger early labour?

glossyflower Fri 29-Mar-13 07:42:28

I can't answer your question but I'm 36+4 and after weeks of no sex DH and I had sex the other night.
The next day I'm not sure if my waters broke a little as I had some leakage that I didn't think was urine. 20 mins after this leakage I got what felt like a contraction! Not BH as this was very different. It went off after a minute and then the next day same happened again but more intense.
No more leaking and no more intense pains just like a dull period type pain.
I asked midwife about it but didn't seem too concerned as the leaking was minimal and said to call back if pain worsens.
I think orgasms can trigger BH which are harmless. And unless your midwife says otherwise then sex is fine unless your waters have broken.
smile all the best xxx

ZuleikaD Fri 29-Mar-13 08:34:56

Sex is fine.

Sunnysummer Fri 29-Mar-13 09:25:46

My MW said that Braxton hicks after sex is fine, but to call them if there is also any bleeding, or the contractions get stronger, come regularly or go on more than an hour afterwards. Have fun smile

carrielou2007 Fri 29-Mar-13 09:39:57

Carry on!! Only stop if you get bleeding/pain. With both dc we dtd twice a day every day to try to start labour (didn't work) never really had more than a handful of bh before. Yet the other night after dtd bh woke me up!! At 37+3 I am keen to try to avoid third induction so may be indulging rather a lot over the next fee weeks smile

HormoneHell Fri 29-Mar-13 10:08:05

What a relief your messages are. Thank you. I am one seriously happy lady right now, if only DH wasn't at the supermarket!

glossyflower Fri 29-Mar-13 10:17:19

Lol hormone enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now