Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Food, food and more food

(20 Posts)
RJM17 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:19:38

I am 7 weeks pregnant and just can't stop eating!! I am constantly hungry and just don't seem to get full!!
I am quite sick of an evening but all day I just wanna eat.
Has anyone else felt like this at the beginning? Just all my friends who have had babies said they couldn't eat cos they felt too ill!! X

Excited85 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:45:06

Yes completely normal, don't worry!!! I couldn't get enough food, and haven't been fussy, anything will do. Just try throw the odd healthy snack in there and make sure you have nibbles to hand so don't end up constantly grabbing crisps and chocolate from the shop!

RJM17 Thu 28-Mar-13 22:11:10

Ah I've been terrible but the main thing has been chicken!! Any sort will do!! Even chicken flavoured noodles or crisps or anything. As long as it tastes like chicken I will eat it lol.
But I will also eat anything else as well x

Lydia161290 Thu 28-Mar-13 23:01:32

I didn't eat much in the first trimester, I was too sick, so I nibbled.
But I'd say it's pretty normal - everyone's pregnancy is different!
Once I entered the second trimester, well, there was no stopping me.
I'm 23 weeks and happily eating every food in my path! :D

SeriousStuff Thu 28-Mar-13 23:45:33

Yes! I'm 11+5 and have had nausea for nearly 6 weeks. The only thing that makes me feel better is eating! I'm told it will settle down...

Excited85 Fri 29-Mar-13 07:40:45

Haha RJM I'm like that with sausage rolls... Just can't get enough. Even dreamt of a battered sausage last night hahaha!!

RJM17 Fri 29-Mar-13 13:28:08

Oh I've been dreaming of chicken since before I even found out I was pregnant!! Lol. My DH says I'm going to turn into one soon lol. I just can't get enough if them!! X

JanieLovesCake Fri 29-Mar-13 17:33:30

i hear ya girl! i'm 6 weeks, haven't had ms yet but i'm hoping it will come soon....sounds mad but just for reassurance! yesterday i was i town at lunch and got a lunch meal deal in boots. i hoovered it, then realised i wasn't satisfied so i went and bout another one!! i probably could've gone for a third ecept i was too embarrassed to go back in!!

PinkParsnips Fri 29-Mar-13 18:36:19

I was actually just about to post the same thread!

I'm 7+2 and dont have ms, just a constant desperate, gnawing hunger! Even when I eat it feels like its totally bypassing my stomach as I never feel full and need to eat again not long after!!

I've totally gone off anything sweet and choc, I just want savoury food of any description!! grin

RJM17 Fri 29-Mar-13 21:47:22

It's horrendous I just want food of any description!! My DH actually took the crisps off me before cos I had nearly finished a family size bag on my own. Oops.
I just don't seem to be full! Ever! Even when I am sick, 5 mins later I want more food!!
What is wrong with me? Lol x

swaye Sat 30-Mar-13 07:44:58

14 weeks and still eating, cant stop, never full!!

Mandytm Sat 30-Mar-13 12:39:37

I'm 20 weeks and was up making brownines and custard at middnight last night. shock

RJM17 Sat 30-Mar-13 13:38:26

Oh god I'm guessing this is never gonna end then!!!
Between eating and my boobs becoming even more massive than they were!! I was an f cup now a double g I am already having to buy new clothes at 7 weeks!!! Not good!! X

NewChoos Sat 30-Mar-13 15:20:38

Totally starving at 24 weeks.
So far today, I have had:
Yogurt x2 , toast. Biscuit & nuts. Calamari, chips and salad.
Debating what to have next!

NewChoos Sat 30-Mar-13 15:21:02

and and a Babybel and 2x buttered crackers.

RJM17 Sat 30-Mar-13 16:56:25

Ah can we have calamari??? I'm soooo pleased!! Gonna be having that tonight now!! On top of why I already had:
Jam on toast, noodles, burger, crisps and a cupcake and just bought pizza and garlic bread for tea lol x

NewChoos Sat 30-Mar-13 18:26:50

Ha! Well as far as I know calamri is fine - I just make sure it's cooked to piping hot (highly recommend the M&S deli one).

RJM17 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:53:45

Oh I think I need some like now!! Lol. X

Msbluesky32 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:25:15

You will for a while, nothing to worry about. When you get further along it will be a whole new ball game. At 38 weeks my little stomach is now so squished I can't even look at a biscuit without heartburn. Eat whatever you like whenever you like.

RJM17 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:33:19

Thanks I feel like a right pig and my nan told me I look 'bonny' today so don't know if she means fat lol. I've never been slim (size 16) but feel like I'm getting bigger already!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now