Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

15lb 7oz baby!

(8 Posts)
PandaWatch Wed 27-Mar-13 18:00:11

Here

shock

How on Earth did the hospital not pick up on his size?!

SeriousStuff Wed 27-Mar-13 18:16:00

I read this earlier - he looks like a tiny man! Surely there should be some indication at your last scan that your baby is double the average newborn weight!

When we told my grandmother in law that I was pg, she told us a story of a 15lb baby that was born on the same ward where she had a baby...and it had teeth!

PandaWatch Wed 27-Mar-13 18:19:51

I know - I thought things like this were restricted to grandparent generations and earlier! (Blimey - teeth too!).

It's shocking it wasn't picked up on - just so fortunate everything turned out ok for the Mum and baby!

pompompom Wed 27-Mar-13 18:21:15

Born naturally?

<winces>

youmaycallmeSSP Wed 27-Mar-13 18:22:03

Wow! He's heavier than my 5 month old shock

Terribly scary delivery though sad

MiaowTheCat Wed 27-Mar-13 18:22:20

The bit that got me earlier on today was my husband crossing his legs and going owwww reading the story.

I was like "how the fuck can you empathise?!?"

Saundy Wed 27-Mar-13 18:28:13

OMFingG what!!!! He's gorgeous but he looks like a toddler.

Bloody hell.

& teeth?!!

<shudders>

PeachActiviaMinge Wed 27-Mar-13 18:28:45

If she wasn't overweight, had no history of big babies or diabetes then no real tests would've been done. I had my DD 10 years ago she was 10lb 4 and I was huge but my midwife just told me it was all water and because I was fat. This time around they're watching me very closely and I'm booked in for a scan at 38 weeks to check size. Sometimes we just have to learn from personal history.

Beautiful little big boy though! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now