Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

restless legs and hot feet

(7 Posts)
TinaO99 Wed 27-Mar-13 16:51:48

hi everyone
I'm 28 weeks pregnant with twins and having real trouble sleeping because of my restless legs and consistently hot feet. I've tried throwing off the covers etc but it's driving me mad - anyone have any cures or do anything that has helped them at all???

cakehappy Wed 27-Mar-13 17:12:27

Hi OP, I can very much sympathise, had this all through my first pregnancy, esp at night...alll night!! Ice cold bath, plunge fee tup to knees into it, sit and relax. I found cold body lotion rubbed over my legs and feet helped too. Nothing else really helped me, unfortunately!! Best of lucksmile

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 27-Mar-13 19:47:57

Peppermint foot lotion from Body Shop kept in the fridge. It feels lovely and cold

Msbluesky32 Thu 28-Mar-13 08:46:55

Get thee to a swimming pool, it's the only thing that has helped my odd legs! I'm not sure about the hot feet, but could you try putting ice cold water in a hot water bottle instead of hot and putting your feet on that?

Kiwiinkits Thu 28-Mar-13 08:55:12

Both those are symptoms of a shortage of vitamin B and folate (google it). You will notice a difference almost overnight. I would recommend a multi with magnesium too. smile

TinaO99 Thu 28-Mar-13 09:07:39

thanks for all your answers ladies I will try some of your suggestions. Kiwi I take a pregnancy multi vit so I presume I'm not short of the vitamins you mentioned but I'll look into it thanks :-)

Beatrixpotty Thu 28-Mar-13 11:18:42

I posted about this when I was pregnant..it is awful and you have my sympathy!I tried the Body Shop foot spray as suggested but even better was Burts Bees Mama Bee Peppermint Lotion in the mum & baby section in Boots.I'd put it on just before I wanted to go to sleep & it made them feel cold enough to let me fall asleep,and more in the night if necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now