Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

29+1 reduced fetal movement :-(

(16 Posts)
HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 27-Mar-13 10:37:16

Okay, so I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not but here goes.

Over the past 2 days or so my boys movements have become less. I didn't really feel anything last night (but I was really tired) and haven't felt any significant movement from 7:30am this morning.

He's usually VERY active, kicking me all times of day and night, I don't have to be resting to feel his movements either. I can feel him move but the kicks/movements are very slight and not strong like usual and not as frequent. I'm 29+1.

Should I ring maternity or not as he is moving, just not as usual.

Thanks ladies.

sundaesundae Wed 27-Mar-13 10:38:42

RING MATERNITY NOW.

It is almost certainly nothing, but never wait or worry before ringing.

jimblejambles Wed 27-Mar-13 10:40:08

I would ring them. Try not to worry (which I know is easier said than done)

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 27-Mar-13 10:41:43

Ring now, they won't think you're being silly or paranoid.

Good luck. x

MeHearty Wed 27-Mar-13 10:44:14

Please ring or go in now. You won't be wasting anyone's time and it's not worth the stress of not going. Even if baby starts wriggling away now you should still get checked over in case of anything.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 27-Mar-13 10:46:55

Oh and I've also had a few pains low in my abdomen. Varying from dull pain to sharp sort of period pain type pain. They're very random and don't last long, maybe 10 seconds or so, so I think they may be braxton hicks?

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 27-Mar-13 10:48:31

X-posted.

Okay, I'll give them a bell and see what they say.

LuckyOwl28 Wed 27-Mar-13 10:50:19

I've been in twice for RFM and both times although everything turned out to be fine, the midwives couldn't emphasize enough that I shouldn't feel silly about getting checked out if you have any concerns.

To be honest it wasn't until around 32-33 weeks that I really felt CONSTANT movement, as the baby has lots of room to move around so if it gets into a position further away from the front you may not feel it as strongly. Just give them a call, I would smile

MeHearty Wed 27-Mar-13 10:51:52

Please go in now - I don't want to panic you but that sounds similar to some problems I had - all ended well, but I needed to be in hospital. I know it is hard to think that something might be wrong but you really need to get checked out - even if it is just to hear that baby is fine but you need more rest.

Good luck x

StuckOnARollercoaster Wed 27-Mar-13 10:53:12

Absolutely contact your midwife/maternity - the key is that his movements have changed and you are right to pick up on it.
I have been urged by my midwife to not hesitate in scenarios like this - it may be nothing or it may be something but they'd rather have lots of 'nothings' than for a 'something' to not be picked up.

StuckOnARollercoaster Wed 27-Mar-13 10:55:53

Just realised you have said you would ring! great news - hope its ok.
p.s. your other symptoms sound like possible BH... I'm the same stage as you and had my first couple over the weekend and one last night... Your midwife should be able to confirm...

wifey6 Wed 27-Mar-13 11:17:08

Definitely call your MW..they would rather you went in & put your mind at rest than worry at home. I'm sure all will be fine.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 27-Mar-13 17:28:40

Just thought I'd let you know that I went to maternity triage and my little boy is fine. MW thinks he may have turned a funny way so I can't feel his movements as much.

Thanks for advising me smile x

MeHearty Wed 27-Mar-13 17:42:16

That's great news, was worrying about you! Fingers crossed for a worry-free final few months smile

HotCrossPun Wed 27-Mar-13 17:43:00

So glad everything is okay HappyGoLuckyGirl smile

wifey6 Wed 27-Mar-13 19:41:24

So glad all is ok. Always best to check & you must be very relieved smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now