Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks +4 period pain and feeling meh

(40 Posts)
kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 10:04:28

This is my second pregnancy my daughter is 17 months I woke up today with a dull back ache and the feeling of dull period aches in my lower tummy. I also feel like all I want to do is wee lol. I feeling really exhausted feeling really funny any one felt like this is it maybe a sign of my little one comin? I also struggling with day to day stuff by time I walk from one end of living room to the other I need to sit down my body is exhausted please help dunno what to do lol x x. X

SneezySnatcher Wed 27-Mar-13 10:10:58

I'm also 38+4 with second DC and feel just the same. My abdomen feels hot (hard to describe) and my back hurts. I've also thrown my breakfast up!

I was induced with DD, so really unsure if it's anything or nothing! Hoping someone with an answer comes along!

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 10:16:20

Me to hun. This feelin is like my whole body aches my shoulders feel like I carryin masive weights on then and this tummy ache is going into my hips when are u due??h

lemontwist Wed 27-Mar-13 10:17:07

Ooh, sounds just like how I started with both mine! Period type pain steadily increased from a fairly constant niggle. With DS1 I was like this for much of the day until all kicked off with an enormous contraction - made me sit down part way down the stairs.
With DS2 dull ache steadily turned into more recognisable contractions over a few hours.
Sounds like things might be happening there ladies! grin

lemontwist Wed 27-Mar-13 10:18:48

kayleighouise much of my contraction pain was in my hips for my first

SneezySnatcher Wed 27-Mar-13 10:21:14

Lemon I really hope so! Saw MW today and she said it could be the 'foothills' hmm

Kayleigh I'm due 6th April but I'd be happy if he came sooner. I've had a few growth scans and he's measuring 95th centile!

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 10:21:36

Should I go drs or just wait and see? X thanks for the reply x x x

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 10:22:53

What are foothills? X I'm also due 6th april x

Mapal Wed 27-Mar-13 10:25:56

If you can see the Doc I would just get checked out for a UTI if I were you, just in case. I went into labour at 37 weeks with DS which was brought on by a UTI but I didn't realise that as I just thought it was labour. By the time I got to hospital I was really unwell, agonising kidney pain, IV antibiotics, they said it was pylonephritis.
It was all OK in the end although my placenta was also smelly & infected apparently (bleurgh!). So, just to be sure get that checked first as it's easy to miss the signs and put it down to labour but a UTI can actually bring on labour.

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 10:28:15

I have been checked for water infection a few days ago it was clear x

SneezySnatcher Wed 27-Mar-13 10:29:37

By 'foothills' she meant the very beginnings of labour.

lemontwist Wed 27-Mar-13 10:29:37

I would just hang on and see how it goes. You might go on like this for ages or (fingers crossed) things might start happening pretty quickly. Or things might tail off again sad
At this point I remember ringing my DH just to warn him only to find his phone off! Luckily he was home before things got serious grin

SneezySnatcher Wed 27-Mar-13 10:31:35

I'm not calling doc (but I have seen MW for my normal appointment). It could be days, it could be nothing! I don't think it's a UTI but I'll definitely call if it seems like it is.

Still expecting to not deliver until 40+12!

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 10:34:13

The pain seems to have eased off now x

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 10:35:11

Y 40+12? X

CityDweller Wed 27-Mar-13 10:40:09

I'm 39 +1 and have had odd days like this for the past couple of weeks. Yesterday was really crampy, achy, tired, grumpy and was convinced things would kick off during the night, but no - nothing! It's really hard to know what's a sign of things starting and what's just your body preparing for forthcoming labour. Esp as this is my first too.

SneezySnatcher Wed 27-Mar-13 10:41:55

Kayleigh because 40+12 is when they'll induce if nothing has happened. I could go for expectant management but I had Pre E last time so I don't want to push my luck!

LuckyOwl28 Wed 27-Mar-13 10:45:45

I'm 38+2 and this started for me yesterday!

Period type pains through the night were so bad I was going to the toilet every 30 mins sure that I was going to see some kind of 'show'.

They have eased off a little but still there, it's actually made me really excited that finally I have a sign that things are close!

I also feel a bit sick.

Haven't told hubby yet as didn't want to get carried away. Fingers crossed though!

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 10:51:06

I feeling sick pain keeps coming and going x

Mapal Wed 27-Mar-13 11:03:38

That's good it's def not a UTI. In that case I guess it's the niggles of impending labour.......hopefully not 3 weeks away though! Good luck ladies. x

Msbluesky32 Wed 27-Mar-13 13:32:16

I'm 38+2 and had period type pains for five days about two weeks ago. MW said it was probably to do with baby's head moving right down. I'm 4/5 engaged now so that figures but don't get as many cramps now (famous last words!)

Msbluesky32 Wed 27-Mar-13 13:34:53

luckyowlwe must be due the same day[waves] perhaps we will both be early by the sounds of it. MW has predicted an Easter arrival for us!

LuckyOwl28 Wed 27-Mar-13 13:47:13

Hi Msbluesky32 !

I'm due 8th April, until today was adamant I was going to go well over as had no twinges at all!

I went to the midwife yesterday morning and I'm only 1/5 engaged but it was after an afternoon walk these pains started and have got progressively stronger overnight up until now. They may well go any minute; my friend is due 10 days before us and she's had pains for two weeks now!

I'm just glad something is finally happening though!

I've already walked to the shops in the snow to try and keep the ball rolling but wish I wasn't stuck inside!

Keep us posted, I will too! wink

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 14:01:50

I am at the moment at a soft play area with my daughter running around and climbing all over pains are coming and going don't no if this is the start or not I'm at midwife 2 mora to go threw my birth plan so may see if they can inform me some more x

kayleighouise Wed 27-Mar-13 15:22:38

LuckyOwl28 u still having paon x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now