Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding :-(

(9 Posts)
Bumbolina Wed 27-Mar-13 07:57:07

I'm 6.6 weeks pregnant. Started bleeding brown blood last night. It seems to have slowed.
Can't work out if I'm getting cramps or not... it's been a fairly crampy pregnancy.
Oh I don't want to go through a miscarriage over Easter (or ever) hmmhmmhmm

Lj8893 Wed 27-Mar-13 08:03:38

Could be implantation bleeding. I'm roughly 10-12 weeks pregnant, won't know exactly until my scan and I have had 2 lots of bleeding.
They say only to worry if its heavy, enough to soak a pad, and/or your getting severe cramps with it.

However do go get checked out if your worried, I did and they didn't do anything, just told me what I've told you, but you might get different treatment.

HopefullA Wed 27-Mar-13 08:25:15

I posted about this earlier. I think i am 6+4 days and had cramping and brownish spotting on Monday. Went to doc, they did a scan and showed gestatiional sac but no baby or foetal pole.
Freaked me out, and didnt help with doc telling me its a miscarriage.

Im better today, no spotting or cramping has lessened.
Hoping i got my dates wrong. got a scan on Sat so will know more then!

its just awful - i feel your pain.

I suppose they say if its red blood then its bit more worrying as brown is more than likely old?!?!

Ruthie101 Wed 27-Mar-13 08:51:09

Hi ladies, I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. I have suffered two miscarriages and know how painful the waiting is. However I am now in full swing of my third pregnancy (26 weeks) and I had brown/ pinkish blood and cramps up until around 10 weeks. I will keep you both in my thoughts. Hope all works out for you. X

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 27-Mar-13 09:14:31

Brown blood and spotting early on are actually very very common, I wouldn't be worried unless it turns red or heavy or you're in pain with it. Always best to get yourself checked out though just for peace of mind.

TheOrchardKeeper Wed 27-Mar-13 09:27:37

I had that up until 12 weeks. Thought I was miscarrying every time but my midwife said it's common and is usually either a result of the embryo & sac burrowing further into the uterine wall, causing further shedding (or what some people call 'late implantation bleeding') or shedding from the plug that's forming in the cervix.

Simian0 Wed 27-Mar-13 09:30:44

Call your GP/antenatal ward now and chat to them. Spotting is very common but best to be sure/safe.

Fingers crossed! x

Bumbolina Wed 27-Mar-13 10:16:16

I've got an appointment with the doctor this morning. Fingers crossed he lets me have a scan. I've had one mmc and one successful pregnancy previously. I did also bleed with my dd but I can't remember much about it and they gave me a scan but I was 8 weeks pregnant by then.
I'd rather miscarry then have a mmc again though. But fingers crossed it is nothing to worry about.

Bumbolina Wed 27-Mar-13 11:58:28

He's asked if I could have a scan, just waiting to be contacted by the hospital now. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now