Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it my waters?!

(12 Posts)
glossyflower Tue 26-Mar-13 20:58:47

I'm 36 + 2 and was just painting my doors when I felt a small trickle. I didn't feel like it was wee, and the small amount of fluid that came out was clear. I did have a whiff but couldn't smell anything (sorry!).
I went to the loo, had a wee and put clean pants and pad and now laying down to see what happens.
I don't know if it is my waters or not. It was such a small amount and it feels damp down there now but the pad is dry.
Been having odd twinges like period pains for a couple of days nothing regular though.
What do you ladies think as I have no idea!

BikeRunSki Tue 26-Mar-13 21:02:20

Could be, that's how it was with DD (DS was a gush). I'd ring the labour ward, they'll probably want you in to be examined. Take your hospital bag thoughwink .

JollyYellowGiant Tue 26-Mar-13 21:03:09

Aye, call the labour ward. Better to get checked out just in case smile

mrsbungle Tue 26-Mar-13 21:03:51

I would get checked out by the MW tomorrow. My waters kept coming out over 2/3 days and I thought I was weeing myself blush

I imagined a 'gush' rather than trickling so I thought it wasn't my waters. I realised it must have been when my pads had kind of 'army colours in them' (I realised this was meconium as I had this with my first baby). I went to the maternity assessment unit and was induced there and then - they said all my waters had gone. I felt like a total idiot and it was an infection risk so I advise to check it out!

helebear Tue 26-Mar-13 21:05:18

Sounds like it could be your waters. Mine went with a pop and a little gush, put a pad on & went to birth centre but hadn't leaked anymore and I don't think midwife believed my waters had gone as pad was bone dry. I think the baby's head can act as a plug sometimes. I'd call midwife/ labour ward and see what they say, I believe that they put you on antibiotics if your waters have broken but labour isn't progressing to avoid infection. Good luck!

glossyflower Tue 26-Mar-13 21:14:48

Still fairly dry but think I just had a contraction. Felt like period pain low down but much more painful than what I have been getting. Now I can feel a continuous dull ache.
I'm quite scared actually and in no way ready for this.

mrsbungle Tue 26-Mar-13 21:18:13

Oh, hope you're ok Glossy. Maybe it is early labour. Phone labour ward and see what they say. Good luck!

helebear Tue 26-Mar-13 21:50:53

That does sound similar to how my labour started- waters went with a little gush then nothing, a few hours of period type pain then contractions started. Defo call labour ward if you haven't already. Will be thinking of you. Keep us posted when you can.

glossyflower Wed 27-Mar-13 04:41:58

Ok I have just had a really good sleep.
No leakage or contraction type pain but just a mild continous dull ache like period pain still.
I didn't call the labour ward but will phone midwife first thing unless things change.
Thank you for all your advice I will keep you posted. Xxx

Littlemissexpecting Wed 27-Mar-13 05:15:10

Good luck!

glossyflower Wed 27-Mar-13 10:21:19

Just spoke to the midwife who said it may be a urinary tract infection and to call back if the pain worsens.

Time will tell!

helebear Wed 27-Mar-13 12:14:25

Ouch, UTI not nice! Hope you're feeling ok today. I'm 38+5 and think I've got thrush on top of all my other aches & pains- just what I need! Oh the glamour of pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now