Talk

Advanced search

Pain standing up

(9 Posts)
SourSweets Tue 26-Mar-13 20:34:31

Hi all,

Has anyone has this feeling...? If I've been sitting and then stand up, my uterus feels like its going to fall to the floor like a brick. It hurts to stand up straight and I have to hold my bump to support it. It feels like my uterus is really heavy and is pulling all the muscles downwards with it. I have SPD, but this is a totally different pain that I don't know is related or not. It also only started the day after having sex and has continued for 2 days now. No bleeding, nothing scary, just real discomfort. Does it sound familiar to anyone? Should I see the midwife? I'm only 21 weeks and while I have an obvious bump it's not heavy enough to give me this dragging feeling on standing... I'm also worried that if it was caused by sex then I won't want to do it again for the rest of my pregnancy which is not ideal!

Any experiences much appreciated!

Thanks
X

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 26-Mar-13 20:55:22

I'm nearly 24 weeks and had a pain like this yesterday and put it down to doing too much, have tested today and it seems better, also my bump seems to have grown overnight so maybe stretching pains too. Also baby could be pressing on something making it hurt.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 26-Mar-13 20:55:45

Rested not tested!

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Tue 26-Mar-13 23:22:14

I'm 21 weeks and have this as well, been told its nothing to worry about. But is really sore, I just stand up then don't walk straight away or I regret it.

Lydia161290 Wed 27-Mar-13 00:02:23

Ooh yes. I'm 22 weeks and woke up this morning with this pain. It hurts to stand. I also put it down to over doing myself, so I rested up today, but i'm still pretty sore. It feels so uncomfortable and at times I felt like crying.
Not only that, baby is weighing down on my bladder and kicking it. My bump is really starting to come out now, so i'm putting it down to growing pains.

Heathbaby Wed 27-Mar-13 07:34:25

Hi, I have been getting this since about 16w (now 27w), and have mentioned it to my MW a few times - she isn't worried. It's a weird pulling heavy sensation for me, worse in the evenings. Maybe it's just the way the baby is lying? Glad it's not just me.

Mandytm Wed 27-Mar-13 08:24:57

Me too, I think it's putting strain on muscles that are already being stretched to their limit.

I'm 19 weeks and it started about a week ago.

goodbyekitty123 Wed 27-Mar-13 12:46:05

I get this too. I also have SPD but my physio said that there is a ligament that runs from under your bump and between your legs/groin area which can get damaged if you've previously had a difficult labour (which I did) so if it's not your first DC then maybe it's this...?
Just out of curiosity do any of you also experience the same sort of pain/pain down below when you have a full bladder and go to stand up or walk?? I'm getting this and not sure if it's SPD related or caused by something else...

SourSweets Wed 27-Mar-13 22:52:11

Yes, goodbye kitty, I do! It's exactly the same feeling when I wee, like my muscles are dragging downwards, very uncomfortable and makes me want to stop halfway through. Thank you for all your replies, I'm glad it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. I'll mention it to my midwife next time I go but won't make a special appointment for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now