Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cervix still long and closed- how long to go?

(3 Posts)
Newmum2013 Tue 26-Mar-13 20:15:06

Hello all!

I know this might be an impossible question but looking for any advice or past experiences! Im 40+1 today and went for a sweep. The midwife said my cervix was still long and closed and couldn't do the sweep properly.

What I want to know is what does this mean in terms of me going into labour? Can it still be days
Or is it likely to be another week? Feeling disheartened and already fed up of waiting!

MiaowTheCat Tue 26-Mar-13 21:14:31

Impossible question - could be a time to go or you could be one of those rare women like me who just dilate and pop pretty much instantly (literally in the space of under 15 minutes from a doctor saying no-go nothing happening to the baby arriving)!

I think I'm rare that I do that though - I certainly caught 'em all out with it!

surprise11871 Tue 26-Mar-13 22:09:21

I would say its pretty much a case of could be now could be in 2 weeks time i had a failed attempt at a sweep twice first at 40+3 sed cervix too high n long then again at 40+8 sed same thing so i went for a 3 hr walk n low n behold started having contractions 5 mins apart that night but lo wasn't actually born till 40+10 sorry not much help but good luck n hoping for a quick labour for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now