Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

One of those ridiculous "can I eat..." questions! Ricotta and mozzarella

(12 Posts)
Gingerbreadpixie Tue 26-Mar-13 19:55:23

I want to have Waitrose pumpkin and pine nut stuffed pasta for dinner. It contains mozzarella and ricotta. Both I know are fine if the milk it's made from pasteurised. The pack makes no mention if it pasteurised or not. Do you think this sort of food usually uses pasteurised cheese?? I have no idea. The use by date is a good few week away if that helps?? (I'm assuming unpasteurised generally wouldn't have more than a few days shelf life)

I'm confused :/

Beamae Tue 26-Mar-13 19:59:44

I think all cheese is fine if cooked.

PseudoBadger Tue 26-Mar-13 20:05:26

Yes, and it will be pasteurised.

issypiggle Tue 26-Mar-13 20:09:53

i never had any problems once it was cooked

but you wanna avoid soft fresh cheeses and mould rippened cheeses such as stilton and bries.

i was told unpasteurised cheeses weren't a problem and you can eat them.

LoganMummy Tue 26-Mar-13 20:14:07

Yes, you're fine with them.

PseudoBadger Tue 26-Mar-13 20:20:06

Stilton is fine btw

Gingerbreadpixie Tue 26-Mar-13 22:07:00

Thanks all (now full of pasta!)

X

FoofFighter Tue 26-Mar-13 22:09:01

Issy you are repeating out of date info there, Stilton and hard blue cheeses are fine to eat.

Lj8893 Tue 26-Mar-13 22:10:20

Your pasta meal sounds yummy, I may have to pop to waitrose tomorrow!

Mandytm Wed 27-Mar-13 08:30:06

Me too, that's dinner sorted for tonight!

issypiggle Wed 27-Mar-13 08:44:12

shush, keep the stilton bit quiet (which ta for letting me know), i don't like it so if i have another one the other half won't buy it.

Tubegirl Wed 27-Mar-13 08:58:33

If you're ever in doubt, there is usually a number to call on the pack if you need to check anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now