Talk

Advanced search

Movement at 10 weeks, am I crazy?!

(14 Posts)
Excited85 Tue 26-Mar-13 19:50:36

Just as the title really. We told family this weekend and so I spent Monday panicking that something would go wrong and I would let everyone down. Laid down in bed last night on my right hand side and felt three very clear vibrations, like bubbles with a 'pop' just inside my left hip. I'm sure it was baby trying to reassure me all is well, have never felt anything like it before and instinct told me it was baby. But having googled today it sounds like this is highly unlikely :-( Anyone else had anything similar?

TinkyPeet Tue 26-Mar-13 20:28:54

My early movement popping bubbles this time were early on, about 11-weeks but this is my third an he's right up front as the placenta is at the back, but I have heard of ladies (mostly on here) having little bubbles early on, granted a lot of them turned out to be carrying twins lol x

Excited85 Tue 26-Mar-13 20:40:11

Oooh so the popping thing sounds like it could be baby?!! Luckily already had early scan and no twins, DH had them in his family! glad it sounds like I'm not losing the plot, at least not yet!!

willoughboobs Tue 26-Mar-13 20:56:18

No your not, I have been having flutters and I'm only 8 weeks with dc #3. I thought I was going crazy until I googled it and it turns out its more common than first thought smile

atrcts Tue 26-Mar-13 22:42:56

I felt that fluttering when 11 weeks. It's my second pregnancy and so I recognise it well. I know an awful lot of literature suggests you don't feel anything until much later but it simply isn't true. Least not for everyone!

enjolraslove Wed 27-Mar-13 10:40:33

Me too- I could feel baby from 9 weeks I'm sure. And for my first it was 22 weeks so I'm sure it isn't just what I think I 'should' if that makes sense!

FoofFighter Wed 27-Mar-13 11:00:02

Not crazy at all although plenty people will tell you you are imagining/lying ;)

felt this one at around the same time, was (TMI!!) hunched over the toilet trying to empty my bladder a bit better by rocking (sick of umpteen trips to the loo overnight!) and felt a distinct movement.

Sunnysummer Wed 27-Mar-13 11:33:04

Definitely believe that you can get pregnancy-related sensations this early, even if it may not actually be the baby kicking - the reason that the medical literature will tell you that the cause is not actually the baby itself is because at 10 weeks he/she weighs 3-4g (0.1-.14 oz) and also hasn't developed muscles to move around and make an impact. But it's lovely to feel the changes in the body with pregnancy, and so exciting when the first serious flutters start soon!

Excited85 Thu 28-Mar-13 06:44:20

Oooh sunny it's interesting you say that as when I had an early scan at 8+5 baby was wriggling about. Plus it looked quite well developed. I'm starting to wonder if they measured wrong or something as we had thought I was 2 weeks further along prior to the scan. Hmmm.

LandsN Thu 28-Mar-13 07:36:06

I am so glad I read this I am 10 weeks was convinvinced I felt it move the other day defo no twins had 4 scans already that was on right side too I have only felt it the once xx

Longfufu Thu 28-Mar-13 07:52:42

Yes you prob are feeling the baby, however, don't feel alarmed if you stop feeling movement. I felt baby very early around 8/9 weeks, then nothing till I was around 20 weeks.

TeWiSavesTheDay Thu 28-Mar-13 07:57:28

I get this, but I don't think it's baby yet, it's your insides moving around to make space for the baby! I feel similar flutters sometimes when I'm not pregnant, so...

glossyflower Thu 28-Mar-13 08:03:25

Don't let people tell you otherwise. I felt exactly the same at 9 weeks, and it was always in the same place lower left side.
When I had my scan that was exactly where the placenta and baby was.
Whether its the actual baby or placenta developing I don't know but it's definitely what you are feeling.

LandsN Fri 29-Mar-13 07:29:03

Felt it again and I think it is without a doubt the baby wicked feeling x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now