Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Next Newborn clothes....

(8 Posts)
fruitypie Tue 26-Mar-13 17:37:04

I want to order some clothes from the Next website. The first sizes they do are 'FIRST SIZE' and 'UP TO 1 MONTH'.....I don't think I am going to have a particularly small baby. Does anyone know which size would be more suitable?? Thanks!!

Gimmeechocolate Tue 26-Mar-13 17:41:12

Hi I think next up to 1 month would fit baby up to 10lb and I think first size probably up to 7 and half ish?

madamecake Tue 26-Mar-13 17:43:34

Next first size is for up to 7lb 8oz, up to one month is up to 10lbs. If I were you I'd go for the bigger size, as even if they are too large to begin with he or she will quickly grow into them!

madamecake Tue 26-Mar-13 17:44:06

Sorry, cross posted!

DaveMccave Tue 26-Mar-13 17:50:50

I've got both this time as my first was 6lb7 and first size swamped her. I needed to go out and get early baby. I think it's very unusual that babies fit straight into 0-3 though. Lots of people skip newborn and then nothing fits. I'd get a few bits if newborn or up to 1 month (they usually fit longer than the label) but don't get tonnes just incase you get a 10lber.

fruitypie Tue 26-Mar-13 17:59:17

Ahhhhhh fabulous!! Thank you guys smile

TinkyPeet Tue 26-Mar-13 19:30:49

I'm having a whopping great mahoosive elephant large baby so have gone for the up to 1 month size because looking at the clothes they do look quite big whilst being small enough to be dinky iykwim

atrcts Tue 26-Mar-13 22:49:16

My first was 7lb 13 oz and the 0-3 month baby grows hung off him something awful! I luckily had a set of next newborn (up to 1 month) and was glad to have something that fit properly. However, as someone rightly said, it doesn't last long as a month is a blur and soon over, so I wouldn't buy toooooo much of the tiny stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now