Talk

Advanced search

those with a head down baby, where do you feel the movements?

(10 Posts)
shelley72 Tue 26-Mar-13 17:16:37

hi am currently nearly 26wks with DC3, and have been feeling movements very low down (bikini line area). i was just wondering where others feel their movements, and if you know which way your baby is lying? thank you!

dinkystinky Tue 26-Mar-13 17:17:45

Shelley - I've been feeling movements there too - and at the top of my bump. Had antenatal appointment tdoay and baby is head down so the movement at the bottom I'm feeling is headbutting and pummelling I guess.

goodbyekitty123 Tue 26-Mar-13 17:21:53

I'm 32+2 and I've just had a MW appointment. I was told that baby is head down but not engaged. I get a lot of hefty kicks at the top of my bump but occasionally feel the odd jab in my bladder. Baby also had hiccups the other day and I felt that down low.

BraveLilBear Tue 26-Mar-13 17:35:45

Am watching with interest - I'm only 23 weeks but love playing 'guess where baby's lying'. A lot of the time it likes being transverse - movements at extreme sides of bump simultaneously.

When I went for my scan, I thought baby was head down because I was getting a lot of movements at the top left of my bump, but, nope, that was the head or hands bouncing around as it was definitely head up.

At the moment I'm trying to tell the difference between head, hands and feet but no joy yet. Will look forward to hearing from those who can work it out!

shelley72 Wed 27-Mar-13 07:43:08

im too trying to have a prod around underneath my squishy belly to see which end is which but not having much luck!

baby was oblique at last appointment, so will be interesting to see if its moved by 28 weeks. definitely not feeling much at the top of my tummy - with DD i could feel her head under my ribs so hoping it a good sign smile

Msbluesky32 Wed 27-Mar-13 11:13:26

I'm 38+2 and baby has had head down since around 28-30 weeks. I can feel when she has hiccups very low down (in line with my hip bone) and I get the odd kick just under my ribs. Baby is head right down with her back either to the left or right of my belly button (shes still moving, lord knows how as there cant be any room in there now!) and her legs are curled underneath my ribs either side depending on which way her back bum is facing.

I thought her back bum was her head for a long time (and was very worried she was breech). Ask your midwife to show you the positioning next time you visit her and she will be able to explain to you how you can tell which bits are which! smile

RightUpMyRue Wed 27-Mar-13 11:20:15

39 weeks today. Head well and truly down. Was 1/5 engaged last week so possibly, hopefully, more so today (come on baby!). I feel most of the kicks/punches over on my righthand side because the baby's back is on the left. I feel squirmy movements really low down, right on my bladder and really high up under my ribs and on my stomach. Low down will be his head and high up will be his bum or his feet.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Wed 27-Mar-13 14:03:25

33 weeks, movements mostly on my right just below my ribs. movements low down could be hands? My baby had hands infront of its face at the last scan.

BraveLilBear Wed 27-Mar-13 16:12:28

Question - when you get the big movements - the ones that feel bigger than a hand or foot and clearly some surface area making very solid contact, is that generally head or bum or a really fat hand? The difference in strength and surface area of contact is fascinating...

Msbluesky32 Wed 27-Mar-13 19:10:45

The big movements I feel most are head, back and bottom ones - either rolling or sticking out bum in a cat stretch kind of way - it's a very odd sensation and I will miss them in a funny kind of way when she is born smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now