Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Firm hand hold, then 'buck up' talk needed

(8 Posts)
Doingakatereddy Tue 26-Mar-13 14:40:08

I really could so with a little hand hold, then a 'get on with it' push.

39 wks PG & I have what even my midwife destined as a bloody awful pregnancy - SPD, heart condition, carpal tunnel, MASSIVE piles & swelling / water retention.

Haven't been able to work since Xmas & so been SAHM to boisterous 3 year old, who is progressively refusing to do anything he's told.

Just been for sweep, unfavourable & painful.

I'm doing everything I can, house is tidy, I go to mums groups, freezer full, baby stuff washed, I get out every day. I'm just constantly in pain & I dont have a Mum, I just need someone to tell me I will get through, that I can cope & pat me better

purrpurr Tue 26-Mar-13 14:45:24

Oh love. The phrase 'this too shall pass' does the rounds for a reason - as the good times fly by, the bad times do come to an end. Sounds bloody terrible though, do you have anyone who could do some childcare so you could have some time to relax?

Thurlow Tue 26-Mar-13 14:50:41

Oh, that just sounds shit. No wonder you feel rubbish! Your baby will be here soon though, which will be lovely. And second births are supposed to be loads quicker and better. And you'll get to see your son hold his little brother or sister for the first time!

Toptack Tue 26-Mar-13 14:54:36

Keep your chin up, you're very nearly there! Just a few more days of being pregnant, and then many of your problems will solve themselves. I've heard lots of people say that coping with a newborn and a toddler is easier than being heavily pregnant with a toddler, and that definitely sounds like its going to be true in your case. Try to get a bit of rest if you can and keep reminding yourself that this pregnancy will be over soon and you never have to do it again, if you don't want to!

space21 Tue 26-Mar-13 15:02:55

Bless you. You have clearly coped brilliantly so keep going! I sympathise as I have a 2 year old with lots of energy who runs rings around me. All those ailments will gradually go after the birth of your lovely baby.
Get out everyday by all means but also rest and have a bubble bath and eat chocolate too smile

BlueSkySoftSand Tue 26-Mar-13 15:13:51

Hope it is not too long for you now OP. I do think the DC know that you have no energy/things are about to change for them, etc and play up because of this. Well, both mine are at the moment anyway! Pick your battles (if at all!) and know that you will feel lots better after the birth. Plus (eternally optimistic), summer has to be on its way soon!! You can burn off your 3 year olds energy outdoors and, well, life just seems a lot easier when the sun is shining.

Doingakatereddy Tue 26-Mar-13 15:38:46

Thank you for all the kind words, you're right - it is just a matter of days now & baby will be here.

Sunshine & summer will make it all seem better. Plus (sorry for Tmi) surgery for piles!

Just needed a good cry, little pity party & to feel like I'm not the only one who's become a toddlers 'beetch!'

Pontouf Tue 26-Mar-13 16:06:30

I can sympathise, though my situation isn't as bad. My boisterous boy is not quite two and a half and has been vile today, has actually pushed me hard in the stomach and screamed GET AWAY!!! in my face. I have decided I'm not actually that keen on eing a Mummy today.

I have got the water retention, carpel tunnel, painful pelvis and am really struggling to breathe now (asthmatic). I am also carrying a whopper of a baby apparently and have been having really strong braxton hicks for a month now with nothing to show for it.

I made the decision last week to just give myself a break! I have decided that I am so close now, it doesn't really matter of DS watches a but more cbeebies than I'd usually allow. I try to get him out in the fresh air every day but some days I don't manage it. Meh.

DS is currently cosied up in his beanbag watching Toy Story while I MN with my feet up. Fuck it, he's happy, I'm happy.

I'd recommend this approach. Just allow yourself to be a little bit slack. It won't kill anyone and getting rest is so important now. Good luck to you, not long now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now