Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

H & M Jeans - has anyone got them and can help with sizing

(13 Posts)
Myneaux Tue 26-Mar-13 12:58:29

Im 14 weeks with DC2 and can no longer fit into my normal jeans....all my jeans from last time are bootcut and i really want to have a pair of skinny jeans too.

The H&M ones look better value than Gap (New look dont seem to have mid blue ones in my size) but our store has about 3 items of maternity and helpfully none of them are jeans.

Are they true to size? Im a standard 10 (but very straight up and down) but found last time around that maternity jeans sizing is all over the place (my Gap bootcuts are a size 6 !!). Also if you have the skinnys are they really skinny IYSWIM?

many thanks

notdueforages Tue 26-Mar-13 13:07:49

Hi there

I have the H and M High Rib slim fit jeans (but they are really just skinnies) and they are the ONLY ones I have found that stay up. They seem true to size to me as well, although they were too big at 12 weeks and then have fit me from then until 24 weeks so far. They do need washing when they go saggy around the knees but they are the best I have found on the high street.

HTH smile

PinglePongle Tue 26-Mar-13 13:08:02

Hi

I bought these: http://www.hm.com/gb/product/99399?article=99399-B

they are described as 'treggings' but my black ones are just skinny black denim, they have a really nicely fitted bump band integrated- i got these in my normal size and they fitted fine until about 39 weeks when they started getting a bit restrictive

also if you are ordering online use the following codes:

£5 off any order - 1304
free delivery - 0439

Cakethrow Tue 26-Mar-13 13:11:51

I loved h and m skinnies i had under the bump ones which i wore all the time. I found them to be true to size.
I believe they say same as your dress size for 1st trimester, add one for second, add two for third.

DejaB00 Tue 26-Mar-13 13:14:07

I have a pair of H&M skinny over the bump ones and yes they are true to size, fab too!

RightUpMyRue Tue 26-Mar-13 13:15:52

The only pair of jeans that have fit me the whole way through and are comfortable are my H+M ones.

However, I bought two pairs. One pair is fab, lovely soft denim and still fit perfectly now at 39 weeks. The other pair though have never fit, always been too small, I've never worn them.

I think I read, it may have been on their website, that for the 1st trimester buy your normal size and then for the 2nd and 3rd go a size up.

Myneaux Tue 26-Mar-13 13:52:10

thank you everyone (and for the discount codes !!)
...looks like I might be ok with a 10 for now at least.

Think i may order the straight leg as they do look very slim fitting and hate really tight skinnys that dont stretch.

definitely going for over the bump ones they were the only ones that stayed up last time...not looking forward to how hot that might be in August when Im 8 month pregnant though !

Teaandflapjacks Tue 26-Mar-13 13:57:31

I have size 12 skinnys. The ten fit at 16 weeks - but they were tight on the thighs, and I thought i will have 4 weeks wear before I need a new pair. So i went for two skinnies - one dark, one mid blue - in a 12, and wore a belt for the the first couple off weeks, but don't bother now. They are wonderful. You just pull them up and down like leggings. I used to tuck the bump bit under my bra as I had a tiny bump, but as this gets bigger this is less of an issue. When you try on you will know, as even between the same size in a shop, the same jeans will vary anyway, so just take a heap in and try if you can. x

Teaandflapjacks Tue 26-Mar-13 13:58:43

p.s. they are more like leggings, so yes tight, but not like normal skinnies, they are super soft and comfy. And no I don't work for H&M getting a 'kick back' for advertising!

DaveMccave Tue 26-Mar-13 14:17:33

Not for me no, I've sized up. I have 2 pairs if the 16.00 black ones as I love them so much, they are the only ones that stay up. I'm usually a 12-14 though, and bought 16 in these. I tend to size up in h&m anyway though, so wasn't going to risk it with super skinnies.

Manc451 Sun 07-Apr-13 16:44:12

Hi, I bought my usual size 10 in the under and over bump. I love the over bump ones (my sister couldn't tell they're maternity) but found the under bump too tight on the lower bit of my stomach (ie where the baby is in the first trimester!). Might get better use when I'm a bit bigger...

megarobotdiscoparty Sun 07-Apr-13 17:17:06

Same as DaveMccave - normally a 12 but wearing 16s in my over the bump H&Ms. Bought them at 17 weeks and they still feel fabulous at 34 weeks. I have Gap and Next maternity jeans too - the H&Ms are by far my favourite.

NTMummy059 Sun 07-Apr-13 17:19:32

Im a size 10-12 usually and got the size 10 over bump jeans.. They are so comfy and don't look like maternity jeans at all! The bump part is a bit loose (Im 18 weeks with teeny bump - like I've just had a big dinner) so I just fold it down and wear them around my hips for now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now