Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I dehydrated?

(5 Posts)
ButteryJam Tue 26-Mar-13 10:42:10

Hi,

31 weeks and waking up with a sore mouth and dry lips. Had a nose bleed today too (which is very unlike me). Feeling completely shattered and exhausted, and I am recovering from a horrible cold/flu. Am I dehydrated? Or is if just one of the symptoms of pregnancy?

BraveLilBear Tue 26-Mar-13 10:46:34

Sounds rough... Classic dehydration symptoms are: not going to the toilet/passing urine for a long time, dry mouth, lips and tongue, and feeling faint when you stand up.

I was nearly admitted for rehydration as a result of the above in the first trimester following a tummy bug coupled with morning sickness.

Could be just the effects of a nasty cold, but if you're not keeping fluids down, then could be starting to get dehydrated. Bottom line is call your midwife or NHS Direct (whatever they're called these days) for advice if you're worried...

MightBeMad Tue 26-Mar-13 10:47:06

Best way to tell is the colour of your urine. If it's darker than 'light straw' then you need more fluid. Generally I think there's no harm in drininkng a bit more water in pg anyway (as long as you don't go mad). It's good stuff!

Guntie Tue 26-Mar-13 11:57:08

I would say so. I have been surprised by how much extra water I need in pregnancy for my urine to be clear. I now drink 4 litres a day. Hope you feel better soon thanks

ButteryJam Tue 26-Mar-13 13:06:05

Thank you ladies. Will mention it when I go to see the Dr tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now