Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ASOS maternity sizing

(8 Posts)
notdueforages Tue 26-Mar-13 09:26:29

Just that really - can anyone tell me whether they come up big or small? I hate ordering online without trying smile

CityDweller Tue 26-Mar-13 09:34:33

I was pre-pg 10/12 and have a pair of size 10 under-bump mat jeans from Asos that still fit me at 39 wks, whereas in other brands (eg Gap) I've gone up from a 10 to a 12. However I hardly wear the Asos jeans as they're so fecking annoying - they've never stayed up...

BB01 Tue 26-Mar-13 10:44:20

I've only bought a tankini from there and found it on the generous side

BraveLilBear Tue 26-Mar-13 11:03:55

I was an 8/10 pre-pg and just ordered a size 8 dress. Am only 23 weeks, but it's a bit on the large side, and not just in bump growth potential terms - it's sort of big on top too.

So I'd agree to them being generous. Which, I have to say, feels rather nice on the ego, but it's a bit annoying if even the smallest sizes are too big!

Happy shopping grin

Lorelei353 Tue 26-Mar-13 13:20:47

I'm a 12 on top and 14 on bottom and bought a size 12 dress from ASOS. At 29 weeks it still fits me well so I'd say they do size pretty big.

notdueforages Tue 26-Mar-13 13:48:17

useful info, thanks ladies

Smitten1981 Tue 26-Mar-13 14:03:32

I was a 16 in Asos before pregnancy and have got some of their under bump jeans in a 16, they are a brilliant fit on the legs and bum but keep falling down on the waist. Maybe they'll fit when I get a bigger bump. But I'd say they are true to your pre-pregnancy size.

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Tue 26-Mar-13 19:52:40

Interesting people say they're generous, I thought they would be small for some reason. I was going to order some boyfriend t shirts in a couple of sizes bigger as I like them bigger. I bought a New Look top one size up and a t shirt two sizes up to get the fit I wanted.

I hate ordering online too OP, may hedge my bets and order different sizes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now