Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First trip to the doctor

(6 Posts)
foolserrand Tue 26-Mar-13 09:16:30

Just found out we are expecting dc3, a bit of a shock as dd is only 11 months and still bfing.

Slightly embarrassingly, I cannot remember what this first appointment is for. Can anyone enlighten me please?

TakingTheStairs Tue 26-Mar-13 09:18:21

I can't help as I have my first doc appointment for first pregnancy this week, but wanted to say congratulations flowers

ohmentalnessisme Tue 26-Mar-13 09:24:03

Congratulations! Ime the first trip to the doctor is quite underwhelming, mine didn't really do anything apart from congratulate me and run through a quick list of dos and don'ts. In my area you book in with the mw directly but some places your gp will refer you. I didn't bother going to the gp with dc2.

Saundy Tue 26-Mar-13 09:28:29

Yes I have to second it being a bit of a none event. When I had mine he took my blood pressure, asked if I smoke, asked if I'm taking folic acid & then to me to leave a sample with the receptionist on my way out. The receptionist then booked me in for a midwife appt a few weeks later. Whole appt was less than 5 mins!

Congrats!

foolserrand Tue 26-Mar-13 09:56:47

Thanks all. I shall tell myself I don't remember because it was a big nothing.

Congratulations Taking flowers

TakingTheStairs Tue 26-Mar-13 16:53:59

thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now