Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low hcg levels in early pregnancy

(3 Posts)
proudgodmum Mon 25-Mar-13 21:16:11

My best friend is pregnant with her 3rd baby, she was on the coil but it moved and she became pregnant. She went for a dating scan today, when they did the pregnancy test she was told judging by the faint lines she could be around 6 weeks but when she had the scan she was told she was 9 weeks 4 days the baby was healthy and had a strong heartbeat. She had a blood test to see what her hcg levels were and she got the results this afternoon they are at 602 and she was told they should be higher than that at almost ten weeks, she has been put down as threatened misscarriage and has to go back on wednesday for another blood test to see where her levels are at, she got examined and her cervix is closed which she says is a good sign. Has anybody else had the same problem or similar. She is worried about losing the baby.

ExpatAl Tue 26-Mar-13 11:13:38

602 at 9 weeks really is very low but it doesn't really make sense if at the same time there was a strong heartbeat.

honey86 Tue 26-Mar-13 17:26:02

i agree! thats not right... my levels at 6+2 was over 15,000...

it may pick up you never know, pregnancy is unpredictable.. fx its okx x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now