Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Independent Midwives

(2 Posts)
Notenoughtoucheeclat Mon 25-Mar-13 13:33:46

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any advice. I am due my third baby on the 2nd May, we had my DS and DD both at home and were both delivered in water, and also were very lucky to have the same midwife throughout all my pregnancies and delivery.

The big problem we have now is that we obviously want the same amazing experience again but unfortunately my midwife has broke her wrist and will not be fit in time, she is also the only midwife qualified for home water births. So we are toying with the idea of hiring a midwife, has anyone done this or have any experience/advice to offer?

learnermummy Tue 26-Mar-13 15:04:56

I had a brilliant experience with independent midwives last time, but unfortunately have moved and can't find one to treat me this time. Only issue you might have is that you don't have long to go and they'll likely be booked up already. Also, you don't have that long to get to know them and will probably end up paying the same as you would pay for the full antenatal package. If money isn't an issue and you can find one that you get along with that will take you on then definitely go for it. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now