Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How much sleep do you get?

(8 Posts)
patchesmcp Sun 24-Mar-13 13:12:46

I'm almost 32w pregnant and am really struggling to sleep. To be honest, i've had this problem since DS was born 25 months ago. It was obviously initially him disturbing my sleep but he's slept well for the last few months so it is nothing to do with him any longer. I haven't slept through the night since before he was born. I tend to wake up after 2 or 3 hours sleep and then struggle to get back to sleep. The doctor gave me some sleeping tablets but I don't fancy using them, and whilst I've tried Rescue Night Remedy it doesn't work. All the other herbal remedies i've seen aren't suitable whilst pregnant.

So, just wondering how much sleep people get on average whilst pregnant and it what kind of stints?

Thanks

looloo13 Sun 24-Mar-13 15:28:55

Hello between my 3 children, eldest 18 and into going out all hours and coming home the early hours of morning and waking me up and my 3 dogs which decide to wake up everyday at 5am Im having about 4 hours sleep max. doctor said it will not harm baby at all just me thats shattered. at least we will be in practice for when baby comes x

Sunshinewithshowers Sun 24-Mar-13 15:39:07

Im 35 weeks.

Fall asleep every night by 11pm

Awake 12.30 - 4.30

Sleep 5.00-7.00

Since day 1 sad

CareerGirl01 Sun 24-Mar-13 18:25:43

33/34 weeks - have not slept properly for at least 6 weeks. With DD1 - apart from having her of course - one of the best things after she was born was the quality if my sleep; so much better just less of the being able to lie down bit!

Bunnychan Sun 24-Mar-13 18:27:18

31 weeks and waking every few hours. I can no longer lie in or else I get back ache. I would love a sound nights sleep. Once I wake up, it takes me ages to go back to sleep too x

patchesmcp Tue 26-Mar-13 20:52:18

Thanks guys. Useful to know it isn't just me and gives me hope that at some point I might end up actually getting a full night's sleep even if it's 15 years from now

Msbluesky32 Tue 26-Mar-13 21:04:25

I'm sleeping pretty well at 38 weeks but I think this is down to my hypnobirthing relaxation cd -I listen to it every night and its amazing. I go to bed at 10.30 to listen to it and when DP comes up to bed at midnight my light is on, the CD player is on but I'm out for the count! Could you try listening to some relaxation CDs or music or something similar before bed?

weeblueberry Tue 26-Mar-13 22:28:30

Am 34 weeks now and generally am asleep by 11pm, wake up about 4, go back to sleep about half six and then alarm goes off at half seven. envy it changes slightly but generally follows the same rough pattern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now