Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long before tickles turn into full-blown kicks?

(9 Posts)
LouiseD29 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:20:55

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and have just started feeling fluttering sensations of baby moving this week, which is really exciting and wonderful (as my scan isn't for another two weeks!)

I was just wondering how long it took for others before the flutters and tickles turned into proper kicks?

BraveLilBear Fri 22-Mar-13 13:26:14

Congrats on your wiggly bean Laura! I started feeling tickles at about 16 weeks, which turned into stronger 'flicks' by about 20 weeks. I'm now 22 weeks and OH has only just been able to start feeling them, even though I've been having t-shirt jumping kicks for nearly 2 weeks now.

The chances are that no-one else will be able to feel for a little while yet, so just enjoy your little secret for now grin

LouiseD29 Fri 22-Mar-13 18:14:32

Thanks Brave! Am also finding that if I lie flat and put my hands on my tummy I can feel where the baby is by finding a hard area. Then a few minutes later it's moved and sprung up somewhere else. DH can feel it too - we're trying to resist the urge to poke it - it's hilarious!

MrsSpagBol Fri 22-Mar-13 18:16:51

Lol it is hilarious.

Mine are full blown kicks now - 23 weeks . Would love to see inside / ask her what she's doing in there!

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 22-Mar-13 20:00:18

Mine were proper kicks from about 18 weeks, gentle ones but definite kicks. I felt the first tickles at 16 weeks. I could see it kick from about 20 weeks by putting something (usually my iPod) on my stomach and when it kicked it would jump a little! Now at 25 weeks I can see my stomach moving about like there's an alien in there.

Lydia161290 Fri 22-Mar-13 20:38:55

I'm 22 weeks and he's really kicking and wriggling :D It's brilliant.

SourSweets Sat 23-Mar-13 13:24:54

Ooh how exciting! I was feeling flutters at 14 weeks, my husband could feel kicks from the outside at 16 weeks and I started seeing the kicks at about 19 weeks. So not long to wait, in my experience. Congratulations, it's such an amazing feeling!

LouiseD29 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:33:25

Well, just to end this mystery - it took until almost 25 weeks! Started having proper belly-jumping pops/kicks a few days ago and managed to get DH's hand on tummy at the right moment this morning. He felt three kicks close together, has declared it a hat-trick and announced that our daughter will be a striker for the England women's football team. smile

ExhaustedMamasita Wed 01-May-13 11:58:01

Awww how nice!

I started to feel the flutters at about 16 weeks and now at 21 weeks, DH can feel the baby’s great big thumping kicks too. I think it’s different for everyone but my advice is when you feel the baby’s flutters place your hand on the spot and wait for it. It may take a few weeks yet but worth the patience. I haven’t seen the bump move yet but think that should happen in a few weeks’ time… exciting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now