Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Normal ?

(9 Posts)
laurajane89 Thu 21-Mar-13 18:19:28

Sharp pain in bottom of my back/top of my bum?

Forgetfulmog Thu 21-Mar-13 18:25:12

How far gone are you? Could be sciatica or it could be just where your bump is pulling on your spine - I've had both in pg. Also do you get it all the time?

laurajane89 Thu 21-Mar-13 18:26:49

I am 31weeks pregnant, its sore when i sit down but once im sat its okay i just get a sharp pain every now and again

Forgetfulmog Thu 21-Mar-13 18:29:34

It's definately at the top of your bum & not in the "seat" of your bum is it?

laurajane89 Thu 21-Mar-13 18:30:46

No definately in the top of my bum

Forgetfulmog Thu 21-Mar-13 18:36:11

Hmm I would mention it when you have your next MW appt, but it does sound fairly normal back pain whilst preg. If it gets any worse, or you start getting shooting pains down your bum/legs, then it's likely to be sciatica & you'd be better off going to your Gp. You can get your MW to refer your for Physio (personally I've never found it any good, but I have a chronic back cond so it could work for you).

laurajane89 Thu 21-Mar-13 18:37:50

Its like a shooting pain down my bum

Forgetfulmog Thu 21-Mar-13 18:53:12

Yep sciatica. I'd see your Gp - there's not a huge amount that can be done tbh while you're preg, but Physio will give you some exercises to do which may relieve it. Also, hot water bottle on the area should give some relief.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Tue 26-Mar-13 23:44:31

I've had this a few times, to make it stop I lay on the floor on my knees, head down bum up and kind of rocked a bit. Kind of like a cat position.

Seems to work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now