Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Starflower oil capsules as pessary

(9 Posts)
BonaDea Fri 08-Mar-13 20:05:54

Hi ladies - thanks!

milky - starflower is just a more concentrated version of evening primrose oil!

rreow - did exactly as you suggested and just stuck one up as far as it would go. Would have no idea if it was as far as up my cervix as wouldn't know if my cervix hit me in the face!!

I just wore a panty liner in case of leakage and found it ok, but perhaps will stick another in tonight and take one orally.

rrreow Thu 07-Mar-13 14:07:52

I did the evening primrose oil last pregnancy. You just stick it up as far as you can. Do it while you're in bed ready to go to sleep as it will trickle out if you're upright.

I don't remember when exactly I started doing it, but I was induced at 38+1 and already 1cm dilated. No clue if it was to do with the capsules or not.

milkyjo Thu 07-Mar-13 13:24:35

Not heard of starflower but I've been using evening primrose oil capsules. Taken orally in the morning and then as pessary when I go to bed (to minimise leakage!). I have been 'just sticking them up there' with a clean finger, as far as I can. I don't think I can reach my cervix though but hopefully the ingredients are getting absorbed - even if its a load of crap the oil is at least helping to soften my perineum!

wishfulthinking1 Thu 07-Mar-13 06:46:43

Interested to see what advice you get bonadea x

Oh in that case keep us posted as I am meant to be induced at 38 weeks due to OC and am currently 32+5....

BonaDea Thu 07-Mar-13 01:57:37

Supposed to assist with cervical ripening... I'm 36+1 but due to be induced at 37+5 as am diabetic so want to do all I can now to get ready and perhaps go into labour naturally at 37+ 4 wink

This was recommended by a doula and there seems to be quite a bit online about it but no actual instructions!

BonaDea Thu 07-Mar-13 01:57:20

Supposed to assist with cervical ripening... I'm 36+1 but due to be induced at 37+5 as am diabetic so want to do all I can now to get ready and perhaps go into labour naturally at 37+ 4 wink

This was recommended by a doula and there seems to be quite a bit online about it but no actual instructions!

What are they meant to do op? <hopeful that you say a quick and pain free labour>

BonaDea Wed 06-Mar-13 17:15:14

Um, how do you do this?

Do you literally just stick it up there or is there something in particular to do?

blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now