Talk

Advanced search

SPD/PGP - not sure how much more of this I can take

(15 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Wed 06-Mar-13 15:27:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Guntie Wed 06-Mar-13 15:45:32

I am so sorry thanks

It sounds like you are in such a bad situation. I don't know what to say, but I didn't want to read and run.

I hope you can get through the next few weeks to delivery. I wonder if there are any friends that might be able to come and help you? Someone who won't judge you but could come and spend a few hours with you in the day?

I'm terribly sorry sad

Ledkr Wed 06-Mar-13 15:51:45

Sorry I know how terrible it is I had it with last two pg and also couldn't breathe with the last one.
I did get some relief from an osteopath as I know many do and I just sat around most if the time but my youngest was 9 so I was able to.
Can you look at what help is available to you and Rota it. Also have you thought about nursery or a childminder for dd?

Ledkr Wed 06-Mar-13 15:53:05

Also ring the children's centre they may offer done help?

MiaowTheCat Wed 06-Mar-13 17:09:01

Ledkr Wed 06-Mar-13 17:58:25

Gish really? I'm a sw and can't imagine why so horrible??
Poor you. Can you try the osteopath? It made me able to walk at least and I'd also ask for a physio referral too. Crutches can help it a pelvic belt. As for the pain killers I think you will have to take some as you can't go on like this?
Where are you? Mumsneters have been known to rally and help total strangers.

Hawkmoth Wed 06-Mar-13 18:07:56

Agree about painkillers. They said to me they were ok as long as not just before labour as they could cause breathing to slow down. I was on 60mg codeine and then dihydrocodeine for my first pg. Didn't help a great deal with my mobility, but did help the misery of constant pain.

Are you having physio? I went every week or so for first two pregnancies. It never got mended, but every session of realignment bought me a couple of days grace.

You have my sympathies.

MiaowTheCat Wed 06-Mar-13 18:17:15

CityDweller Wed 06-Mar-13 19:18:43

Where are you OP? If you're in London I know an osteo who treats SPD who will come to your house. Probably worth the money, even if it means putting it on credit card or raiding savings, if it'll get you a bit more mobility and pain relief...

MiaowTheCat Wed 06-Mar-13 19:21:03

louschmoo Wed 06-Mar-13 20:00:26

Hi Miaow, so sorry you are suffering like this. I have had SPD since before Christmas and while it's not been nearly as bad as yours i can completely relate to your feelings of helplessness and frustration, not to mention pain. I have been having weekly osteopathy & acupuncture since this developed, and i have to say the improvement has been astonishing. I still have pain when walking and i have had to seriously moderate my activity level (DS 19 months is a particular struggle as i can't really play with him at all). But at Christmas when this started i could hardly walk and i thought i would be on crutches by now, but actually i can get around farily easily as long as i don't go farther than the end of the road.

Have you tried osteopathy or acupuncture at all? It might help.

I totally sympathies, SPD is just awful and it's so hard to deal with emotionally as well as you just feel so vulnerable. I hope you get some respite soon.

louschmoo Wed 06-Mar-13 20:01:44

Fairly easily, totally sympathise. Stupid ipad/large pregnant tummy combo means i can't type!

Begga Mon 29-Apr-13 13:39:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BabyHMummy Mon 29-Apr-13 14:18:33

Can you get a home visit from Gp??

Also i doubt the centre would involve ss Tbh but they may be able to offer a pick up/drop off service for ur dd. My mate had a serious spinal op when her kids were 2 and 6 months and the local surestart place were fantastic help. They collect kids and dropped them home and managed to arrange all sorts of help for her. i understand the fear side as u say u had bad experience but you can't go on like this hun!!

Sending hugs

Sharles Mon 29-Apr-13 18:42:23

Hi miaow the cat, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through so much. I'm nearly 28 weeks myself and I to is suffering from SPD. I attend physio therapy every week and the realignment therapy that I recieved gives me a couple days of grace. I'm on codeine as well and take it when the pain has gotten too much. I hope it all works out for you in the end and you could enjoy your children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: