Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping on my side -feeling sick

(4 Posts)
Jenjen85 Mon 21-Jan-13 10:49:24

Iv just turned 16weeks and have started trying to sleep on my side (to get into the habit now) but whenever I turn onto my side be it left or right my tummy gurgles and I feel sick, only place I feel ok is on my back. I know it's not a major issue at the moment but just worried for when I'm bigger. It's even waking me up in the night, the sickly feeling but then again that could be my morning sickness as that still hasn't passed sad has anyone else felt like this or do you have any ideas on what I could do?

monal Mon 21-Jan-13 10:52:12

Have you tried putting a pillow under your bump at all? That helps me with the whole, my body is sliding away from me feeling.

Jenjen85 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:27:48

To be honest I haven't really got a bump to put a pillow under sad I might try and give it a go tho thanks

Splinters Mon 21-Jan-13 14:56:09

I slept on my back for as long as it was comfortable, then at around 25 weeks one night I suddenly felt so out of breath on my back that on my side was the only comfortable way. So don't worry too much about getting in the habit, when the time comes you might not want to be on your back at all any more! By that time my MS had finally calmed down and lying on my side no longer made me vomit either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now