Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

16 weeks - how does your bump look???

(9 Posts)
MrFranklyShankly Thu 17-Jan-13 14:03:54

Hi Ladies,

Just a bit worried 'bump isnt looking like it should.....have a very bump look, at the top just under my boobs, which I know isnt baby yet as at this stage the uterus is only coming up to my bellybutton.....but that bottom part which is the baby just feels small for 16 weeks....I cant remember with my other two what my bumps were like, although I know with DD2 the nurses in the hospital said I had a 'weird' bump...anyone else have this strange looking combination!! Just worried baba isnt developing properly or has stopped growing (very paranoid this pregnancy as had mc in August) Not having any real feelings of movement either, is that normal, although everywhere I read, women on the 3rd/4th pregnancies are feeling movement from 14 weeks on.....something else that's freaking me out!

Thanks

Frankly

nearlyreadytopop Thu 17-Jan-13 14:15:05

Hi Frankly
Im 16 weeks too and just said to DH last night that im worried as not much is happening re bump. I have lost weight (due to sickness) from other places but just look a bit tubby round my stomach. I dont think my muscles recovered from gigantic DS1! Its a long time to wait between 12 and 20 weeks scans isnt it?

HazleNutt Thu 17-Jan-13 14:34:13

I'm 17 weeks and I look pretty much like you describe, just fat grin
The whole stomach has gotten bigger all over (even though I've barely gained any weight), but I can't say that I actually have a noticeable bump.

nearlyreadytopop Thu 17-Jan-13 14:46:08

Im really looking forward to my bump smile

MrFranklyShankly Thu 17-Jan-13 15:12:50

Hi Ladies,

So glad to read your replies! Yeah nearlyreadytopop I'm finding the wait to the next scan a bit of an anxious one, and as would be typical in Ireland my 20 weeks scan wont be until I'm 22 weeks! Although the drs I attend have a scanner but they dont do it every routine visit only if your really concerned or having probs, otherwise I'd be in every week!!! Yeah Hazlenutt mine is, im nearly sure, just all the yummies I consumed at xmas!!! Havent weighed myself since before xmas......just want my bump to be nice and rounded and lower down, instead of sitting under my chin!!! The minute my stomach muscles heard I was pregnant they just collapsed!!! A bit more comforted to read tho I'm not alone!! Hopefully our bumps will be joining in with the rest of us soon!!!

Frankly

dinkystinky Thu 17-Jan-13 15:16:16

HI FranklyShankly - I'm pregnant with DC3 too and I look about 5 months pregnant with a large bump at top and small bump at the bottom - its ridiculous looking. Just want you to know you're not alone.

MrFranklyShankly Thu 17-Jan-13 15:25:50

Thanks Dinky, so glad to hear that, that's exactly how I look too, like I'm 5 months gone (at the top!) feeling like I look like a Mr Men character at the mo...! glad to hear there's a few of us the same.....I have a friend who is actually 5/6 months gone and she's soooo elegant looking, people actually haven't a clue when they meet her that she's pregnant....

Rhubarb78 Thu 17-Jan-13 16:04:54

I am also 16 weeks with 3rd pregnancy and have been moaning that i cant feel my womb, dont think the baby is growing etc. went to the midwife a couple of days ago and she said it was just under my belly button! feels different this time round but maybe thats just because its been stretched a couple of times before! It is also higher up than in previous pregnancies, i used to be able to feel my womb from the top of my pubic bone but now it seems to start higher than that. I am still in pre pregnancy trousers though they are getting tight and not really feeling movement yet, mw said dont worry about it, its still early and hb and everything fine. I can only assume its normal.

weeblueberry Fri 18-Jan-13 11:25:49

Please dont worry about how your bump looks. smile. I did for a long time and thought it was far too big for what stage I'm at but soon realised that as long as I'm measuring correctly at the midwife there's nothing to worry about. If you go onto Google and search '16 week bump' you'll see the massive variation in bump shapes and sizes. I also have the dreaded double bump, or did until recently. The last couple of weeks it's starting to fill out - am 24+2. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now