Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Watford or Hillingdon

(5 Posts)
dorapeppageorgenoddy Tue 15-Jan-13 21:08:57

New to the Herts area expecting 3rd baby but need to self refer at one this week..live half way (using the m25) but probably nearer watford - but heard bad things re Watford but presume things can't stay bad??? Anyone have wise words - I'm not just thinking about 7 months time but the whole care package scan/consultants (I will be consultant care) anyway any mumsnet wisdom?

mumof2girls99 Tue 15-Jan-13 22:46:57

hi dorapeppageorgenoddy i assume you mean hillingdon hospital as your other choice? i cant comment on watford but ive had babies in hillingdon hospital the midwives are nice enough and labour ward was fine i found that post natal ward at hillingdon was awful but that was purely because you cant sleep for nothing in their hillingdons anta natal care is okay but the waiting can take hours sometimes the scans are nice enough and generally pleasent consultants i would say most are fine all doing their job well enough if you cant decide maybe can you tour the maternity area of watford see if you like it?

dorapeppageorgenoddy Wed 16-Jan-13 15:56:54

Thank you for replying - I will do more reading of reviews on the nhs choices site -

moodymary Wed 16-Jan-13 16:07:27

Hi, I don''t know anything about Hillingdon I am afraid but I had both dcs at Watford and it was fine.
With the first, I had to be induced so was on the labour ward. It was not a great experience but I think that was down to the labour and birth itself, not the hospital! I spent the night in a room with three others though so my advice would be, if there is a private room available, definitely pay for it!
My second time was in the birthing centre as I wasn't induced. It was absolutely great! No negative comments at all.
Is there anything bad in particular that you have heard about Watford that concerns you?

dorapeppageorgenoddy Wed 16-Jan-13 17:18:27

Just lots of negative stories from people re labour but I guess people like to tell negative stories - I've booked in with Watford - had to decide to get my booking appointment and scan etc and hopefully all will be ok...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now