Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

10 weeks, spotting, worried..

(8 Posts)
bzzbee Tue 15-Jan-13 21:08:52

*TMI alert, talk of mucus etc...*

I've had mucus discharge during this pregnancy (clear, not worried me) but today and a few days ago there were some brownish and reddish streaks as well which now has me very worried indeed. This happened today when (apologies!) I had a rather straaaained (pregnany constipation?) bowel movement blush and it happened again this evening after a wee.

My pregnancy symptoms (nausea, sore bobs) have also diminished a lot over the last week. I've had some twinges in my lower back this evening, which have stopped now, and I don't know if they are good or bad.
I think I will go to the EPU tomorrow, though I suppose these symptoms aren't severe enough to warrant it, but I don't think I can last for over two weeks which would be the wait to my scheduled scan.
It's taken us over 3 years to get a BFP not alone get this far, so I am terrified of things going wrong.
Am really just looking for advice if anyone has experienced anything like this. In my first pregnancy (dd born over 4,years ago) I don't remember having any spotting at all, though I was far less worried and might not have monitored so closely.

Thanks for listening
X

looneytune Tue 15-Jan-13 21:18:05

Definitely go to your EPU if you're worried as if they can put your mind at rest, it's better for baby smile I'm 18 weeks and in the last month I've had 9 tiny bleeds (just blood on wiping but started off as in my cervical mucus). They've wanted me to phone each time as I'm RH Negative so need anti-d injections when I bleed but having checked lots, they can't see a reason for the bleeds and baby seems fine. I can now feel it's movements which is reassuring.

So try no to worry too much as some people get this and have no problems at all (my other pregnancies were fine which is why I worred this time). But if you don't see/speak to someone and get really worked up about it, that's defintely not going to help so I do advise you to at least speak to someone.

Hope all goes ok and keep us posted.

x

looneytune Tue 15-Jan-13 21:18:57

p.s my symptoms went at around 9/10 weeks too, quite normal and doesn't need to mean anything smile

bzzbee Tue 15-Jan-13 21:21:42

Thanks looneytune

X

bzzbee Thu 17-Jan-13 12:50:16

Just updating to say that sadly they could not detect a heartbeat at the scan. We saw a perfect looking baby on the screen sad

Before we had the scan the consultant told us there is a 50:50 chance if you get spotting at this stage. The odds are much worse than I thought, based on anecdotal/Internet searches, but I think I would have been better prepared had I known.

This is heart breaking and I wish no one had to go through it.
Am booked in for an ERPC tomorrow, no spotting at all since the original post, thank god we went to EPU or we would still be blissfully but tragically unaware.

Jollyb Thu 17-Jan-13 14:35:54

Bzzbee so sorry to hear your news. Please look after yourself

looneytune Thu 17-Jan-13 22:16:01

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you hugs and thanks Take care xx

StrawbsAndCream Fri 18-Jan-13 00:23:08

Just read this through, I am so sorry hun. It really is the worst thing in the world isn't it. I've been through exactly the same thing a few months ago including an erpc. If you want to, go onto 'body and soul' and then the miscarriage topic, there will be lots of info and support if you need it. Be kind to yourself and take it very easy, xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: