Talk

Advanced search

Am I ok to take Imodium??

(7 Posts)
carrielou2007 Sun 13-Jan-13 13:35:07

Have upset tummy since yesterday afternoon (must have picked up something from two kiddies parties yesterday!!) and had dreaded d ever since. Got some Imodium upstairs but out of the box.

Too chicken to go ask at Boots in case I have an accident on the way! Giving me terrible BH and f

carrielou2007 Sun 13-Jan-13 13:35:54

Oops posted too soon meant to say just don't want to give other dc the runs either (where's blush face)

sundaesundae Sun 13-Jan-13 13:37:11

American's say it is fine and good due to the fact that is limits fluid loss, UK advice is to not take it.

It is probably best to avoid it, stay home, rest, drink tonnes and look after your self.

Willmouse Sun 13-Jan-13 13:38:58

I had campylobacter when 8 1/2 months pregnant. Ended up at emergency dr trying to establish if stomach cramps or labour. They prescribed co-codamol as helps with pain relief and constipates so would help with diarrhoea.

carrielou2007 Sun 13-Jan-13 13:41:33

Bother! Thank you, have taken some diorakyte but just wanted something more cork like I guess!!

sundaesundae Sun 13-Jan-13 13:46:20

i know, I have IBS and have been desperate for it a few times myself! Sanitary towels placed well back in your pants will catch a bit if you don't make it in time. Sorry, it sucks.

Make sure you wash your hands really really well and good idea to have a separate towel.

carrielou2007 Sun 13-Jan-13 14:21:51

The glamour!! I have been washing my hands like a demon don't want dc to get a bug. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now