Talk

Advanced search

Sainsburys pregnancy tests .. HELP

(9 Posts)
lilyholdin20 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:29:55

Hello, im 7 days late on my period tomorrow. I have taken two sainsburys own brand tests, both a faint possitive but got much clearer as time went on! .. This morning i took a clear blue digital - NOT PREGNANT then a cheapie from poundland .. - NEGATIVE. Im so confused !! ? Iv been noticing slight changes, headaches 2-3 a day that last 5-10 mins, light cramping on and off, gassy ( sorry tmi ) and feeling very bloated with a firmer stomach and im only little so can really notice!

PPT Fri 11-Jan-13 20:33:07

What colour are the lines on the sainsburys tests? Are the control line and the positive line the same thickness? Does it say on any of the packets the sensitivity of the tests- ie. how much HcG it needs to detect?

lilyholdin20 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:35:45

sainsbury 1s are blue dye ones ... the + symbol. the line going downwards is blue thin but very noticable and slightly off centre. but the same on both! .. looked on all packets dosnt tell me how strong they are.

PPT Fri 11-Jan-13 20:40:35

... you may very well be pregnant, but just so you know, some blue tests can give terrible evaporation lines that make you think that you're pregnant (when you're not), and often they come up quickly.

The pink lined tests are better (no matter how cheap they are)- I'd recommend you waiting a couple of days, so that if you are pregnant the hormones will build up in your system, and then buying a pink lined test (think the super drug ones from memory were pretty good).

If you're still in doubt go to your GP on Monday and they should be able to tell you.

PPT Fri 11-Jan-13 20:41:19

Both lines on the + should be the same thickness, however faint they are. (This is what clearblue told me when I had false positives on their blue ones)...

lilyholdin20 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:44:39

these lines didnt come up straight away, i no they say dont read after ten minutes but i could make out something but as time went on they got more noticable. got one more cheapie from poundland which i will do tomorrrow morning then i wont buy no more untill monday! thanks smile

sundaesundae Fri 11-Jan-13 20:53:39

From what I have been told blue dye and particularly the cross ones are really bad for evap lines. Go and get a pink dye one, superdrug are well regarded and do that with first morning urine. If negative then move on and if no period in ten days retest.

Hoping you get your BFP soon.

lilyholdin20 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:56:01

yeah i have heard this about these tests! ill be staying clear of them from now on! smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 12-Jan-13 08:30:14

Sadly I have had false positives on the blue dye tests you describe - a thin vertical line over to one side. I would get a first response early response and try again tomorrow with FMU. They're pink dye and rarely give false positives. Probably make things clearer for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now