Talk

Advanced search

Washing "bumps " clothes etc

(14 Posts)
Nicky1306 Thu 10-Jan-13 09:34:32

Hi, I am about to tackle the task of washing bumps clothes, blankets, bedding etc. I'm thinking non bio is best with a sensitive fabric conditioner? X x

ScooseIsLoose Thu 10-Jan-13 09:56:46

I used (and still do for dd clothes) fairy non bio powder and fairy fabric softener I love the smell!

gardenpixies32 Thu 10-Jan-13 09:57:45

I would go with that. I used soap nuts and lavender oil to washing all their things, still do.

ZuleikaD Thu 10-Jan-13 11:01:25

Non bio is good, but not the fabric softener.

DeathMetalMum Thu 10-Jan-13 11:36:03

Im using presil non bio and comfort pure or supermarkets own version of tisfabric softner. This seems not to irritate my nearly 2 year old with eczema. So figure it should be okay. Last time used fairy but its quite expensive.

Tinselandchocolates Thu 10-Jan-13 15:09:30

General advice is to use non bio but avoid a fabric softener completely as the chemicals can irritate baby's skin.
I always add in an extra rinse to make sure all soap powder has gone.
If you want soft and use a tumble dryer you can always use tumble dryer balls .

Eletheomel Thu 10-Jan-13 15:12:40

I used non-bio but never used a fabric softener.

ZuleikaD Thu 10-Jan-13 15:36:45

In terms of making sure there aren't too many chemicals left on the clothes, I always halve the powder dosage (cheaper than an extra rinse too!) - so when using the Fairy non-bio tablets I use one per wash instead of two. Works absolutely fine.

nickelbabe Thu 10-Jan-13 15:38:12

you don't need fabric softener, but yes, use non-bio and use less than you would normally to avoid residue build up.

VickyU Thu 10-Jan-13 18:48:30

Oh no I've done all mine with fairy non bio and ecover chemical free fabric softener. Should I start again?

ZuleikaD Thu 10-Jan-13 18:50:03

There's no such thing as 'chemical free' fabric softener, given that the entire physical world is made up of chemicals. grin

Tinselandchocolates Thu 10-Jan-13 19:34:59

I would start again. But I've had a DS with sensitive skin, so v careful. Some people don't even wash the stuff and the world keeps spinning!

ScooseIsLoose Thu 10-Jan-13 20:14:22

I have never heard about not using fabric softener confused

Loislane78 Fri 11-Jan-13 09:59:17

Just stay away from things with enzymes in ie. use non bio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now