Talk

Advanced search

38wks and pains ..... Down there!

(12 Posts)
lollipoppi Mon 07-Jan-13 13:14:46

Hello.
Maybe TMI, but I have a horrific pain in my fanjo when I walk, it feels like the bone is splitting!!
Also I keep getting very strong throbbing pains between my legs (like at the top of my inside leg)
No sure if this is related but when I lye down or sat for a while I get a horrible twitch in my foot, well it starts in my toes and goes all up my leg ...... Getting V annoying when I'm trying to sleep!!

Anybody else had anything similar?

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Mon 07-Jan-13 14:12:47

Id be trying to rest. Could be onset of labour.
Could also be the baby lying on a nerve. Whatever, taake the weight off your feet and try to chill out for a while.

lollipoppi Mon 07-Jan-13 14:44:53

Thanks catpuss, trying my best to get lots of rest but I have a wild child of a 2yo grin

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Mon 07-Jan-13 14:49:51

When I was PG with DD I used to wedge the door shut. put Thomas on the TV and nap on the sofa with DS sitting in the crook of my legs with a palte of something yummy. If he moved Id know and wake up.

lollipoppi Mon 07-Jan-13 14:58:11

Luckily he still has a 2hr nap, but not today, after 30 mins of chatting to himself I went in to find him completely stark bollock naked and all the bed sheets on the floor grin little monkey

snickers251 Mon 07-Jan-13 15:15:30

I'm only 30wks and have had sharp shooting pains 'down there' so watching with interest!

Can totally sympathise how hard it is to rest, my ds 28mo is currently dropping his naps and going through a 'no' stage so constantly whining, wish we could nap hmm

abigboydidit Mon 07-Jan-13 15:35:55

Watching with interest here too. 38 weeks and had it for the 1st time last week. Completely took my breath away and I couldn't move - as if I'd ripped something internal. Am aware baby feels v low so been putting it down to that. Plus it seems to happen if I rush to move eg twisting suddenly. I had Googled it and seemed baby pressing on nerve was most likely answer but plan to ask my MW when I see her on Wednesday.

lollipoppi Mon 07-Jan-13 15:45:00

Glad it's not just me then! I did wonder if its a combination of baby moving lower down and being on a nerve?
My legs turn to jelly when it happens!
Let me know what your midwife says on weds x

abigboydidit Wed 09-Jan-13 12:53:15

Quick update! MW says is baby moving down and just generally making us sore. Very common and nothing to worry about.

lollipoppi Wed 09-Jan-13 13:57:51

Thanks for the update! I'm not due to see midwife until next weds when il be 39+4 and still getting lots of pains down there and in my legs sad

snickers251 Thu 10-Jan-13 23:13:19

That's good to know! Thanks for the update smile

TepidCoffee Thu 10-Jan-13 23:26:49

Sounds a bit like sciatica and restless leg syndrome - common together in pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now