Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements over last 48 hours, 31+4?!

(12 Posts)
peanutMD Mon 07-Jan-13 12:55:23

Basically what it says above.

Don't know of I should be worrying or not.

Baby is definitely not as active a usual but still getting softer movements every now and again.

Have done lying down, bath, sugary drinks but nothing is helping sad

Any advice?

Meringue33 Mon 07-Jan-13 12:57:13

Just call maternity assessment centre and go on for a monitor. I did this recently and it was great. Midwife advised to call them, they take it very seriously and do not think you are a timewaster at all. Popped on belt, watched baby's heart rise and fall for half an hour, got the all clear, went home happy.

Whiteshoes Mon 07-Jan-13 12:58:49

Hi Peanut. I think the generally accepted advice is to ring your midwife or labour ward/antenatal clinic and go in to be monitored. You might as well do it now and put your mind at rest. Let us know how you get on.

FoofFighter Mon 07-Jan-13 13:00:25

Call the mw or hospital now.

And for anyone else who has this, please don't wait and do the cold drinks etc, just get advice asap.

SamSmalaidh Mon 07-Jan-13 13:00:41

Get checked out ASAP. Might be nothing, but might be very serious.

EugenesAxe Mon 07-Jan-13 13:02:47

A movement is a movement - theoretically there will be less space for mega kicks and it will be more about hard pushes/squirms as the pregnancy progresses... at 31 weeks you are sort of on the borderline between the two states.

But really the only thing you can do if you are concerned is call the midwives or the hospital tell them you're coming in for observation in the appropriate unit. I forget its name.

peanutMD Mon 07-Jan-13 13:03:55

I'm in the bus to work at the moment but will phone when I get there and tell my boss, getting pretty much no reception on bus or I would phone now but only have another 10 minutes.

Thank you and I will update later smile

nannyof3 Mon 07-Jan-13 13:04:19

Might just be moving down to prepare for birth...

But please get checked out now...
Not worth the risk

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 07-Jan-13 15:02:46

Hope all is going well for you peanut, never feel like you're wasting their time by going in for reduced movements. x

peanutMD Mon 07-Jan-13 16:44:18

Hi everyone, phoned and went in for a trace.

Baby's heartbeat was tricky to detect but after a feel about they realised she is lying with her back to my stomach at the moment hence why I couldn't feel the usual kicking going on!

After an hour and a few obs I was sent home so have the evening off work (bonus) even though its my first day back since Christmas holidays began 2 Weeks ago... Oops grin

Thank you all.

SamSmalaidh Mon 07-Jan-13 16:49:18

Glad everything is ok!

FoofFighter Mon 07-Jan-13 17:10:12

Excellent news smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now