Talk

Advanced search

Sort of fell down the stairs this morning

(7 Posts)
YouWithTheFace Mon 07-Jan-13 12:22:48

Skidded down a flight of stairs on my bottom after losing my footing. Bruised my bottom and wrenched my shoulder - but do I need to worry about anything Worse if there's no bleeding or pains yet? 24 weeks pregnant.

Littlemissexpecting Mon 07-Jan-13 12:29:12

I'm sure baby will be fine but wouldn't do any harm to call your midwife. She will prob just say if you notice any bleeding or pains to go in.

TeaandHobnobs Mon 07-Jan-13 12:31:33

Everything is probably absolutely fine, especially as you've had no pain or bleeding BUT I would call your MW anyway to ask her opinion. She may suggest you go be checked out.

Rhubarb78 Mon 07-Jan-13 12:43:18

I did that at about 30 odd weeks with ds, he is absolutely fine and midwife just said monitor movements and go in if concerned but i didnt need to. i did feel better after ringing though so just give them a call and see what they say

Mu1berryBush Mon 07-Jan-13 12:45:31

I know this probably won't reassure you but I fell down the stairs at 18 weeks. That was ten years ago. Baby is at school now. I worried though. Like you though I'd no pains. I had a bad fall, padump, padump, padump. Got the fright of my life and sat there waiting for disaster for about 2 days. I hope you're ok. I still remember the terror.

MrsBucketxx Mon 07-Jan-13 12:49:09

You'll be fine I tripped up a step and landed on my bump, my knees and arms came off worse,

Bump is ds 2 know if your worried get checked.

YouWithTheFace Mon 07-Jan-13 13:13:41

Oh good, thank you so much guys. I was worried I was under-reacting. I'll continue to keep an eye out for anything worrying smile I think my shoulder and the shock and worry of it are going to be the worst results TBH. To think just yesterday I was sad about all the weight I've picked up this time round! Couldn't have asked for better padding, really...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now