Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Can't sleep.

(8 Posts)
Longfufu Mon 07-Jan-13 08:10:21

Hi, I'm nearly 9 weeks pregnant with DC2 and for some reason I keep waking around 3am-4am and can not get back to sleep. I'm exhausted as DS1 is nearly 2 so constantly on the go.

I don't remember having sleep problems this early last time....anyone else suffering with this in early pregnancy?

Droflove Mon 07-Jan-13 08:38:39

I woke up at 6am on the dot every morning, wide awake, from the moment I got pregnant to about 20 weeks when my morning sickness finally calmed down. It's those bloody pregnancy hormones.

Longfufu Mon 07-Jan-13 10:04:07

Well thankfully I've been lucky with MS this time, just getting mild heartburn unlike last time where I was throwing up 5 times a day. Maybe the sleep thing is my MS...

BonaDea Mon 07-Jan-13 10:09:59

I started waking at least once through the night from very early on but fortunately managed to get back to sleep. Not sure what to suggest other than perhaps trying some relaxation techniques to get you back to sleep when you do wake up.

Autumn12 Mon 07-Jan-13 12:58:17

I'm the same. I wake between 2.30 and 3.30am and the cant get back to sleep.

FoofFighter Mon 07-Jan-13 13:07:34

I find dropping off hard, I seem to have fallen into a pattern of being a sleep monster for a week, then have an insomnia week. it'll take me past 2am to get to sleep and then I feel it's a very light sleep. I feel wired like I had 10 cans of Red Bull!
I'm surprised how common it seems to be in early pregnancy, wish it'd make more of the symptoms lists.

Longfufu Mon 07-Jan-13 16:25:26

Well I I'm shattered now, somehow going to try and stay up so hopefully I just pass out and sleep through....

janey1234 Mon 07-Jan-13 16:42:35

I had that too, from about six weeks. Go to sleep exhausted at 10pm. Wake up at 3, 4 or 5 am absolutely WIDE AWAKE and alert as anything. If it was 3 or 4 I'd mumsnet or read for an hour then try to sleep. If it was 5am I'd just get up and kill time until going to work.

It's exhausting. If I did get back to sleep I'd then wake up with my alarm at half six and feel absolutely terrible.

The good news is that at 14 weeks it's just about subsiding. Hopefully it won't last too long...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: