Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Plus size mat clothes - Simply Be seem good. Plus 20% off.

(5 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 04-Jan-13 19:41:28

Hi

Thought I'd share that I am very pleased with the clothes I have just received from Simply Be. I am a 20/22 and was struggling to fit into 'normal' mat ranges from high street stores and I have tried a few online places. I haven't worn them properly yet, so this post might be a optimistic, but all the stuff looks ok on which is more than I can say with other online shops.

I would just say though I had trouble paying in full online (they are like a catalogue where you can spread the cost) so had to pay over the phone the next day when there call centre was open. The customer service lady applied the 10% new customer discount which came up when I registered.

About 2 hours after I'd placed the telephone order an email came through offering me a 20% new customer discount. I am guessing it was automated from my online account with its abandoned purchase. But v annoying timing! Anyway the code is WCJH1 should anyone else be able to use it.

And finally it is worth knowing that for whatever reason their tagging/navigation online isn't great. There are a few maternity items that only seem to be on view via 'May we recommend' box on the item page, so keep an eye on that. I nearly missed this lovely dress - www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/maternity-layered-sleeve-dress/rf102/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=6728&affinity=true#colour:,size:

Anyway, thought I'd mention should there be any other plus size ladies interested.

KelleStar Fri 04-Jan-13 20:43:44

I found the tops to be alright, but pricey for their quality. I am on my second pregnancy and bought a few tops from them last time, but they haven't worn as well as some other brands.

The trousers are okay if you have slim legs, I have big bum, thunder thighs and a small waist [pear shaped] and just found their maternity trousers/jeans are really not a great fit for me.

I'd bought some maternity wear from Next in the sales, wouldn't pay full price for the quality of some of it. The t-shirts are cut larger rather than being a nice fit around the bump. I find I look like I'm wearing my usual fat clothes rather than something maternity like. I fit in a 22 in Next and I'm usually an 18/20 on top.

I can get away with some 18's in New Look and Dorothy Perkins who have tops that make my bump look bump like.

I also found that I can fit in a L or XL in H&M Mama top wise, but their trousers are on the small side.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 04-Jan-13 20:53:42

That is interesting to note. I am so desperate for some stuff that fits I embraced it all! Will need to see if it lasts until June!

All my mat wear is ok from last time, but sadly I am bigger now than I was then. I didn't bother with the trousers as I have the same shape as you. I am thinking mainly leggings this time under tunics.

I have never found Next any good for me, so tend to avoid it. Have some H&M stuff that just about fits from last time, I liked their stuff the best but online they didn't seem to have much. Seems to be in between seasons.

Wheels79 Fri 04-Jan-13 21:01:48

I'm 35 weeks now and have been OK so far with leggings in one size up (26 from pre-pregnancy 24) from Evans under jersey styles dresses from M&S that I had pre-pregnancy plus a couple of others from Sainsbury's and Asda normal ranges (22). Might get another pair of leggings in a 28 for last couple of weeks but not sure necessary.

Having said that got weighed today and weigh exactly the same as booking in appointment so I must be losing pre-pregnancy fat from somewhere!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 04-Jan-13 21:16:43

Wow on not gaining any weight - well done Wheels

I cannot be bothered to have a large maternity wardrobe but need enough to not feel miserable. Only have one pair of jeans currently!

Sadly feeling sick all day long has given me the excuse to eat more than I should. I don't want to have to buy bigger mat clothes so trying to be more moderate going forward. Also always worried about being told off by the Doctors. Oh and the health issues etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now