Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

One week of utter freedom left (at 34 weeks) what would you do?

(11 Posts)
iamwhaticallpregnant Fri 04-Jan-13 16:44:18

So this is the situation:
Next week i am spending the entire week in my home town staying at parents house (they wont be there). I am being sent away by my partner while he moves house for us. He doesnt want me stressed or lifting anything or helping in any way. Therefore i am going to be alone for a week.

It occurs to me that this may be my LAST week completely on my own with no responsibilities , children, partner or tasks of any type to do.

Therefore - what do you recommend I do? Any books/tv series or films i should indulge in? Anything I should do before its too late? So far I have contemplated going to the cinema alone to see les mis. Obviously getting blind drunk is out.
I am thinking of it as a type of dead man walking / any last requests type week. I know my life will be changed forever soon .

Any suggestions?

leannac Fri 04-Jan-13 17:23:41

Lie down! Read a whole book. Watch tv. Do all the things that would normally make you feel lazy to do & enjoy every minute of them!

june2013 Fri 04-Jan-13 17:33:34

Go for lunch (or dinner if you can do it) alone - it's amazing. I particularly love it in a foreign big city. No book, no phone... it feels really empowering and you have lots of time to think & connect with yourself!

And I'd read one easy read and one classic you've always wanted to read!

Enjoy!!

TripleRock Fri 04-Jan-13 17:40:46

Cinema for sure.

And maybe get a nice long winded haircut without having to rush for anyone. Oooh, jealous now!

worsestershiresauce Fri 04-Jan-13 17:55:00

I agree - get your hair done. You won't have time after the baby arrives!

iamwhaticallpregnant Fri 04-Jan-13 20:11:05

Got my hair done a couple of weeks back so cant do that - but good idea.
Like the eating lunch out idea but i dont really enjoy a meal out without a bottle of wine ! worried i'll look slightly pathetic so heavily pregnant on my own in a restaurant. i will def do the reading and lying down though :-)

Creamtea1 Fri 04-Jan-13 21:20:23

Long baths, read magazines, enjoy eating some of your fave meals, cooking/baking, clothes shopping and general shopping! Enjoy smile

Jollymummy2 Fri 04-Jan-13 21:25:50

That sounds like heaven.
I would have to spend a day chilling on the sofa in my pj's with a good book a couple of magazines and all the food I love that I don't eat because hubby doesn't like it.

CollectorofCookbooks Fri 04-Jan-13 21:36:29

I would love to go to a national trust place, or a museum, and do all the bits I want to do, at my speed!

Or go to a bookshop and spend an hour compiling a list of all the books I'd like to read, so when I'm stuck for a book I don't have to think about it

Go for a swim? Have a day in bed, reading and drinking tea?!

iamwhaticallpregnant Sat 05-Jan-13 18:14:39

oooh!! Love some of those. especially the baking! would love to do a spot of baking.Like the sight seeing thing too at my own speed. And trying to think of things I can eat that partner hates.

iamwhaticallpregnant Sat 05-Jan-13 18:15:23

Also can watch as much Mirander as I like without him tutting and criticising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now