Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sooo bloated

(10 Posts)
Cheffie100 Fri 04-Jan-13 11:20:54

Hi all

Wake up each morning with a little bump - am only 15 weeks but by end of day I feel and look about 8 months pregnant and really uncomfy. Is this normal?

Just bloating but driving me mad.

BagCat Fri 04-Jan-13 11:26:42

I don't have any advice, but just to say I'm exactly the same at 19 weeks. From around 4pm every day the heartburn kicks in and the bloating starts and I feel like a giant whale by bedtime.

I've started having tiny bits to eat rather than full meals and that seems to have helped a little bit, but not that much.

june2013 Fri 04-Jan-13 11:59:13

Oh my god, I feel exactly the same! I have had this since about 8 weeks. I am now 16weeks. Definitely a little bump but by 7pm, I look mahoosive!! It's hilarious (though also very uncomfortable). I have to make my husband come for walks with me at 10pm so I can digest just a little before going to bed!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 12:00:06

My advice would be to try a probiotic - it's really helped with my (TMI) constipation and also the bloating!

Cheffie100 Fri 04-Jan-13 12:06:26

Oh thanks ladies - glad to know its not just me that feels the size of a small country. Would love to hear from anyone else in the bloated boat?

Havingalittlebaby - what probiotic did you take?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 12:14:36

I used to have activia but ever since I got pregnant I've been right off yoghurt (ie retching in the yoghurt aisle!) but I can tolerate Yakult which works ok. You can take a tablet though - some pre-natal vitamins also contain a probiotic if the drinks make you yack! smile

cogitosum Fri 04-Jan-13 12:17:37

I'm 13 weeks and look about 30 at some points! It also makes me paranoid as I think I've got a shrinking bump! Also getting constipated so a probiotic may be a good way to go I think! thank you havingalittlebaby

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 12:21:57

At 24 weeks, I'm happy to pass on anything that might help! smile Yes the probiotics are much better (and kinder) than the lactulose the doc gave me.

lauraellajane Fri 04-Jan-13 13:04:43

I had really awful bloating around 6-9 weeks, thankfully it's passed now! (20 weeks).

Things that worked for me were drinking loads of hot water and with fresh lemon slice and eating kiwi fruit. My DH has a knack of making the hot lemon really well - think he squirts in a bit of extra lemon juice as well as the slice, and it really seemed to help!

crunchingicicles Fri 04-Jan-13 17:14:22

I've found a lot of the bloating was trapped wind. If I've fitted in more yoga/pregnancy stretches it's not as bad (seems to disperse some of the gas) & just discovered that having a peppermint tea after each meal works wonders in preventing the build up. Wonderful! Not gone, but significantly reduced & much more comfortable. (Note to self: get probiotics too!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: