Talk

Advanced search

Sooo bloated

(10 Posts)
Cheffie100 Fri 04-Jan-13 11:20:54

Hi all

Wake up each morning with a little bump - am only 15 weeks but by end of day I feel and look about 8 months pregnant and really uncomfy. Is this normal?

Just bloating but driving me mad.

BagCat Fri 04-Jan-13 11:26:42

I don't have any advice, but just to say I'm exactly the same at 19 weeks. From around 4pm every day the heartburn kicks in and the bloating starts and I feel like a giant whale by bedtime.

I've started having tiny bits to eat rather than full meals and that seems to have helped a little bit, but not that much.

june2013 Fri 04-Jan-13 11:59:13

Oh my god, I feel exactly the same! I have had this since about 8 weeks. I am now 16weeks. Definitely a little bump but by 7pm, I look mahoosive!! It's hilarious (though also very uncomfortable). I have to make my husband come for walks with me at 10pm so I can digest just a little before going to bed!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 12:00:06

My advice would be to try a probiotic - it's really helped with my (TMI) constipation and also the bloating!

Cheffie100 Fri 04-Jan-13 12:06:26

Oh thanks ladies - glad to know its not just me that feels the size of a small country. Would love to hear from anyone else in the bloated boat?

Havingalittlebaby - what probiotic did you take?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 12:14:36

I used to have activia but ever since I got pregnant I've been right off yoghurt (ie retching in the yoghurt aisle!) but I can tolerate Yakult which works ok. You can take a tablet though - some pre-natal vitamins also contain a probiotic if the drinks make you yack! smile

cogitosum Fri 04-Jan-13 12:17:37

I'm 13 weeks and look about 30 at some points! It also makes me paranoid as I think I've got a shrinking bump! Also getting constipated so a probiotic may be a good way to go I think! thank you havingalittlebaby

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 12:21:57

At 24 weeks, I'm happy to pass on anything that might help! smile Yes the probiotics are much better (and kinder) than the lactulose the doc gave me.

lauraellajane Fri 04-Jan-13 13:04:43

I had really awful bloating around 6-9 weeks, thankfully it's passed now! (20 weeks).

Things that worked for me were drinking loads of hot water and with fresh lemon slice and eating kiwi fruit. My DH has a knack of making the hot lemon really well - think he squirts in a bit of extra lemon juice as well as the slice, and it really seemed to help!

crunchingicicles Fri 04-Jan-13 17:14:22

I've found a lot of the bloating was trapped wind. If I've fitted in more yoga/pregnancy stretches it's not as bad (seems to disperse some of the gas) & just discovered that having a peppermint tea after each meal works wonders in preventing the build up. Wonderful! Not gone, but significantly reduced & much more comfortable. (Note to self: get probiotics too!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now