Talk

Advanced search

NCT classes

(8 Posts)
Littlemissexpecting Fri 04-Jan-13 09:03:48

I'm looking at signing up for nct classes as I don't know many people where we now live. Only prob is DH is working the dates of any nearest to us. Would I be stupid to go on my own or with my mum? Only other option is a class 45 mins away which kind of defeats purpose of meeting local people.
I'm also going to sign up for nhs classes but not sure on dates yet and no guarantee DH will be able to attend.

BonaDea Fri 04-Jan-13 09:34:48

I haven't done them yet, but from what everyone tells me, the real beauty of them is meeting local people at the same stage as you in their pregnancy (and later with kids of the same age). Although obviously the content would be useful for DH and it is a shame he'll miss out, I think the support network for you is the most important thing.

Although it wouldn't be as nice, I would suggest going with your mum or on your own to the local one (could your DH perhaps take a day's holiday so that he can attend at least one with you?).

wanderingalbatross Fri 04-Jan-13 09:45:37

I did NCT classes and they were a great way to meet some new people, and the ladies I met were invaluable in the early months as we met up regularly, and still do. The content of the classes wasn't that great though, I learnt more by hanging around on mumsnet smile So I'd say go to the local ones without your DH.

JambalayaCodfishPie Fri 04-Jan-13 09:51:07

At my classes, one lady came alone as her husband had to work, and one husband left at lunchtime each week to get to the football. grin

They were absolutely invaluable in meeting like minded people, with babies of the same age - I loved my group. I return to work on Monday and will really miss our weekly meet-ups, and watching our babies grow.

Id do it, go anyway - the follow up meetings are always just the mums anyway.

MrsHBaby3 Fri 04-Jan-13 13:52:10

My hubby cant go to all day session but Im going anyway with my mum so I can meet some other peeps.
Oh and it'll cost me £105 to cancel or £150 to just go

leannac Fri 04-Jan-13 13:58:10

I'd def go to the ones closest to you even if you have to go alone. My NCT friends were invaluable in the early months & now Dd is 20 months old, 3 of us are having second babies at similar times (as we'd hoped & planned for!) so we will have support with the new babies. It was the best money I've ever spent

lagoonhaze Fri 04-Jan-13 14:17:02

Also look at Babycalm classes - another way to meet people and a great course apparently.

Littlemissexpecting Fri 04-Jan-13 16:59:38

Fab thanks everyone. I think I might go on my own

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now