Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best maternity bras

(14 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Thu 03-Jan-13 14:49:05

Am sure this is asked regularly - but cant remember what bras are the ones that always get recommended - am something like 34DD ( or more!) and really need a supportive bra that will give me a bit more shape than the shelf look my ones from last pregnancy are giving me..
Am sure I remember reading about an underwired one ok for pregnancy ( or have I made that up?)
Can anyone recommend anything?
TIA

GeeinItLaldy Thu 03-Jan-13 14:54:32

The Anita bra is underwired and I found it very comfortable. I had 2 Hotmilk bras but wouldn't recommend them necessarily as they didn't give me any sort of shape. The absolute best one for shape that I tried was the Elomi nursing bra it won't win any style awards but it gave my ginormous boobs fantastic shape and support. I bought it from a stockist on eBay.

shartsi Thu 03-Jan-13 15:05:25

i love the Anita bras. I wore mine through pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Liveinthepresent Thu 03-Jan-13 21:22:07

Thanks both I think it was the Anita I had heard recommended on here before - will investigate smile

Liveinthepresent Thu 03-Jan-13 21:32:23

Is it this one?

www.figleaves.com/uk/product/ANT-5068/Anita-Maternity-Smooth-Underwired-Nursing-Bra/?size=&colour=Black

GeeinItLaldy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:01:15

This is the one I had . Might GE the same but I didn't see the Kwik Klip mentioned on the other link. I found it useful - it's a little thumb loop that makes is easy to unclip the cup for feeding.

GeeinItLaldy Thu 03-Jan-13 22:02:45

*be. Not GE. Useless iPad.

shartsi Thu 03-Jan-13 22:05:54

Yes OP, it is the one i have.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 03-Jan-13 22:06:26

Hotmilk or debenhams are good, learn from my mistakes and avoid m & s and mothercare waste of money

KarenHL Thu 03-Jan-13 22:09:50

OP, I've had the same question for myself.

I can recommend where not to go though. I went to Mothercare apx two months ago. The fit wasn't fantastic even then and I am now at the point where the top of the bra cuts into my breast (so I look like I have 'double' boobs!). Nipped into M&S last week but didn't try anything as everything looked like granny pants equivalents. Pretty fabric, but HUGE coverage - I want a bra, not something I can't wear with a (modest) v-neck or scoop neck top.

As suggested above, I'll be checking out the Anita stuff on Figleaves - I hope we both have some luck in finding something decent.

Liveinthepresent Thu 03-Jan-13 22:23:04

Thanks all! Going to try an Anita one definitely.

Karen as Wishful said - hotmilk are good - I had one of their sets last time and it was very feminine - and also this Amoralia one -
www.amoralia.com/shop/maternity-bras/nougatine-maternity/cat1/prod236/
Which was amazingly comfortable - might be worth a look too.

I may actually get another Amorailia one for the days when I just need to feel more feminine - but I need something that will give me a good shape in my more fitted clothes - especially while I am in the looking podgy rather than pregnant stage.

eagleray Thu 03-Jan-13 23:24:07

Thanks for this thread - really useful as am 38 weeks tomorrow and realised today I really need to get some maternity bras!

I bought a soft cup bra (for pregnancy) only a couple of weeks ago from Mothercare (up until then had been in fitted Bravissimo underwired) and found that the sizing varied wildly depending on the brand.

Have just discovered that a small town near me stocks Anita so am going to pay them a visit tomorrow - too scared to buy online as have no idea what size I need...

MrsHBaby3 Fri 04-Jan-13 13:28:30

i went for a fitting in debenhams a few weeks ago and found them very unhelpful. They wouldnt actually measure me, just looked and said what size they thought I was.(recieved a bra too tight across the back, and baggy cups). Asked to see someone else and she did the same quoting her "9yrs of experience" above what a tape measure says. Not impressed!
Ive seen multisize maternity bras from NCT and also Boots which I think are worth looking into, as no idea what size I'll end up, but not seen them apart from online. Anyone know if they're any good?

RuckAndRoll Fri 04-Jan-13 13:48:19

I went into Bravissimo the other day, they really know their stuff in there and have a good guide on their website bravissimo guide

Came out with exactly the same underwidred bra I went in wearing but in the proper size for me (8 weeks pregnant now).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now