Talk

Advanced search

Eczema

(6 Posts)
Bunnychan Tue 01-Jan-13 21:59:48

Hi
I used to have eczema as a child, then again as a teenager. I haven't had it for 10 years but now I'm 19 weeks pregnant, it's flaring up again on my arms and wrists. I'm seeing my mw next week can I speak to her about it or do I need to make a separate doctors appointment? It's driving me mad!
X

12ylnon Tue 01-Jan-13 23:07:05

My eczema always gets worse with pregnancy. I would go to the drs if you feel it can't be managed with just moisturiser and keeping the affected areas dry.
Just don't let it get too bad! Infected eczema is the last thing you want when your pg.

spookysal Tue 01-Jan-13 23:09:04

It's the hormones. I had the worst flare ups I've ever had when I was pg - both times.

Agree with 12nylon, go to the doctor now and try to calm it down before it gets too bad.

Congratulations btw!

crazybutterflylady Wed 02-Jan-13 10:51:15

Me too, and asthma which I haven't had for about 20 years! Strangely only with this pregnancy which is my 2nd.
The Dr is the only person who can prescribe stuff, so I think your MW would just suggest making an appointment. You might as well do it now. Good luck!

milkyjo Wed 02-Jan-13 13:03:12

Yeah see your GP. I have had eczema all my life, never went away. It's on my hands all the time but when I'm pregnant in the first trimester it was horrendous all over my body. I still have scars on my legs, but they are fading now I'm in 3rd and also using palmers lotion all over to keep the dry skin at bay. I still use hydrocortisone 1% on my hands (also so does DS), even during pregnancy as I went to my GP when I was pregnant with DS and he advised it was ok (just not tested and researched). Dermol 500 lotion is good for a soap substitute and is fine to use in pregnancy. We use it on newborns at work too.

brimfullofasha Wed 02-Jan-13 19:31:11

My GP also advised I can use 1% hydrocortisone on the eczema on my hands. It has been worse during pregnancy mainly because I can't use my normal cream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now